Sync question for the yahoo mail users here?

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
hi , i have been using my yahoo mail (using the windows mail app) with WP8 for a while now,
i just noticed that emails that i send from the phone dont get synced to the yahoo mail server (i.e. when using the web browser interface to see my mail folders on the yahoo site, the emails dont appear in the sent folder, but they were sent and received by the recipients)

this is very non intuitive. as a test i reproduced this behaviour a number of times with yahoo mail, and also did some tests with gmail, gmail works as expected, the sent emails are synced and are visible from the gmail.com

am i doing something wrong , or have a setting missing somewhere (possibly server side , as the phone doesnt have that many settings)?
thanks
f

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
open yahoo mail! on your computer and select folders, then sent items
Screenshot (33).png
if it's not there, then open yahoo mail on your phone and select the three dots and tap on folders
wp_ss_20140722_0004.jpg
select show all folders
wp_ss_20140722_0005.jpg
select sent items
wp_ss_20140722_0006.jpg
and then 3 dots again and select sync this folder
wp_ss_20140722_0007.jpg
and check your yahoo mail on computer again! :) it should be in folders sent items :)

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks for replying, but i had all that set up.

its very easy to see the behaviour yourself, send an email using your yahoo email address using the builtin windows phone mail app. the mail is delivered to the recipient as expected. you can see the email in the sent folder on the phone. but you will not see the email on the sent folder at mail.yahoo.com, no matter how many times you try to sync.

repeat the test with a gmail account, but this time if you go to gmail.com and look in the sent folders, you will see the sent email there.

so now i have half my sent mail on my phone and half on mail.yahoo.com. not very convenient when i need to search what i sent to whom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6