Windows phone and music issues

osians

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
I have a windows phone 8 (HTC 8s) and I have had issues with music recently with the SD. I put on a new album today but it put 6 of each of those songs on it. So I deleted all the songs but left one of each. It won't work so I deleted the album and tried again.
Then I synced using the windows phone desktop app and it has corrupted all music so I had to format my phone and re sync but it just keeps corrupting. So I synced to the SD in windows media centre and all the songs are mixed up, some songs are duplicated and some are corrupted - it's a mess basilcy :(
Some songs are working but I got no idea what to do now - I'm going away in a day or two and I don't have time but I want to take my music with me and I spent about 4 hours on it tonight!
What can I do to fix it?
Thanks and and sorry if there is another topic for it.:smile:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
I have a windows phone 8 (HTC 8s) and I have had issues with music recently with the SD. I put on a new album today but it put 6 of each of those songs on it. So I deleted all the songs but left one of each. It won't work so I deleted the album and tried again.
Then I synced using the windows phone desktop app and it has corrupted all music so I had to format my phone and re sync but it just keeps corrupting. So I synced to the SD in windows media centre and all the songs are mixed up, some songs are duplicated and some are corrupted - it's a mess basilcy :(
Some songs are working but I got no idea what to do now - I'm going away in a day or two and I don't have time but I want to take my music with me and I spent about 4 hours on it tonight!
What can I do to fix it?
Thanks and and sorry if there is another topic for it.:smile:

Hey OP, I read a similar issue on the forum somewhere lol
I think that user solved it by adding the songs one at a time...

I know it might be a drag, but give it shot

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked to see if your card is of the class recommended for WP? A friend of mine which is much more tech educated has told me not using a proper card can cause all sorts of odd and random issues.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ref Osians,
Windows Media Center (WMC) is an amazing software that can turn your PC into a whole house Entertainment server (DVR) for pictures, music, podcasts, Television, movies, radio, and internet streaming. With a Ceton card it replaces your cable box (and monthly fees) to stream and record protected HD cable tv content. Xbox 360s are used at each TV in the house as "extenders" to access the content. Really this amazing software is mostly an unknown. WMC can do even more, but it doesn't connect to a Windows Phone. ZUNE connects to WP7 very elegantly.

I think you must mean Windows Media Player.

Best Wishes.

osians

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply
But seriously? I don't have much time and I have over 50 songs for one artist!?
Ven07, sorry I did meant windows media centre. :sweaty:
JamesPTao, it's not just happening with this SD, I had issues with another one I tried.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'd be formatting the SD card (assuming I have a backup of the music somewhere else).
Then, don't use the Windows Phone Desktop App to put music on it. And don't launch Xbox Music. None of those work. Just use Windows Media Player, or simply drag-n-drop files across to the SD card. That should get you enough tracks on it for your trip. When you get back, MS will have fixed all the issues. Or, more likely, not.
If it starts getting in a mess again, find the option to view hidden folders in your version of Windows. On the SD card you'll find hidden folders for Artist, Album etc. In there is the metadata for the music. The music app looks in there to determine what actual files are on the SD card. It sounds like there'll be six references to your new album in there. It's not worth trying to untangle MS's mess - just format the card and put the music on manually.

osians

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You guys are awesome!!!!!!! It finnally works and my music and everything seems to be fine - I can now listen and what ever while I am on the plane! (
Thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte