"Legacy" lock screen pics?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I ALMOST got myself in trouble by changing the lock screen photo on my wife's phone. But some 6th sense told me to check to make sure the one she had chosen that came with WP 8 was still available to re-install. It wasn't. Actually I just realized where the 6th sense came from. I had a parrot lock screen pic back in the day and after changing to something else I went back and found it was gone.

Anyway, the question is: Is there a place to download past stock WP lock screen photos after MS in their wisdom kills them off in some update?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no official place, but sometimes people upload them or they otherwise show up somewhere on the net.

can you describe it? I have a collection of those wallpapers myself and may or may not have it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking. I don't know flowers but it looks like purple daisies with a hand behind them. I wish I had a way to access files directly because it has to be in the phone somewhere since its the current lock screen pic. I could just do a screen cap but unfortunately the phone is on 8.1 now and there is no way to suppress the status icons at the top.

She says now she could live without it anyway. I think she's used it for a few years now. LoL.

My question was really more about if MS (or whoever) supplies the stock background photos has an accessible place to download them.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah would be nice to easily access the stock wallpapers.

Also is this the wallpaper you are referring to?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140727_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140727_0001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 7

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's it. Sorry for not seeing this before. I didn't get a notification.

Now I realize why I didn't see a notice. I saw your post but you edited the pic in later. I guess no notices of edits. LoL

Yeah would be nice to easily access the stock wallpapers.

Also is this the wallpaper you are referring to?

MameTozhio

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's it. Sorry for not seeing this before. I didn't get a notification.

Now I realize why I didn't see a notice. I saw your post but you edited the pic in later. I guess no notices of edits. LoL

What phone does she have? I have 480x800 versions of the default WP8 wallpapers. Check my topic history.

Edit - this post

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss