11-02-2015 06:42 AM
157 1234 ...
tools
    Though I knew the fact while buying my Lumia, its limited apps that shakes my faith in windows
    08-07-2014 09:15 AM
    Apart from that I can't believe what they did with the Lumia 930 and it's overheating issues and really bad screen. This was such a sub par release of a flagship phone for Nokia.
    So true.

Btw Spotify is really nice and it runs good on the 930.
    08-07-2014 09:20 AM
    What phone do you have, an original release phone? :-)
    Nokia Lumia 520, In India! .
    08-07-2014 12:52 PM
    Incomprehensabillity of calendar and tasks syncing. I seem to miss something here.
    08-08-2014 04:41 AM
    Downloading large file other than app
    Apps/games(WPstore)
    Xbox apps......

Lets forget it.
    The main problem of WP is that you have wait for everything.(excluding OS updates)
    08-08-2014 05:10 AM
    No background wallpaper/lack of background color options.
    08-08-2014 09:32 AM
    office is so sub standard,u can't even copy stuff in Excel
    08-08-2014 09:42 AM
    What pains me most in Windows Phone?

The Haters
    08-08-2014 09:43 AM
    When the same app on the other platforms doesn't have parity with features on WP. Apps should work/have the same features across the board.
    08-08-2014 10:03 AM
    After cyan update when i enter in some apps , like Whatsapp i hear static noise,its not that loud but its annoying and prob wasting my battery...
    08-08-2014 10:13 AM
    Oh! And no background download. Meaning you have to stay in the app/browser while something is being downloaded.
    From personal experience, this isn't correct. At least, it isn't with Windows Phone 8.1. If you haven't updated I highly suggest it, it's a very good update and does fix a large amount of previous problems. I've downloaded stuff and left it there in the background, just don't close the app in the background(the app page that comes up when you hold down the back button).

I think this thread can be extremely useful, as long as people don't start fighting over who's right and how. This is a problem! No it isn't you're imagining it. But this is a good thing...NO it isn't you're imagining it! We can't help Microsoft improve by arguing, haha.
    My main issue with Windows Phone is aesthetic polish. Features such as Cortana and the Actions Center don't seem to quite fit in. I think the entire platform in general needs a good rub down to really make it shine, even next to the more mature iOS platform.
    08-08-2014 10:27 AM
    I've talked in depth about the problem with Windows Phones before, such as the lack of apps or variety of OEM's. I'm really not in the mood to write three paragraphs of information so long story short...
    Nokia must release a true flagship phone that competes directly with the best Android and Apple devices both on paper and in real life. This means the latest technology, in every aspect. Not because the phone needs it(since Windows tends to be more efficient) but because it impresses the normal man.
    Work on polishing the platform to make it look nice and be more functional. Make it faster, make it even more personalized.
    Once OEM's such as HTC and Sony see how far Microsoft has gone, and a phone that can compete with the best they have, they may see the logic in jumping onto the Windows Phone train. And instead of making a Windows Phone has a side project, as OEM's have done before, they may truly focus on making a good, powerful Windows Phone that gives people more variety. And people who previously were big fans of HTC or Sony would now consider Windows Phones, since HTC or Sony would have one released.
    OEM's supporting you, you gain the support of app developers. Developers previously forgetful and often lazy when it comes to Windows Phones would update and create apps to support the rising platform supported by major Android names. Local businesses and companies would start creating apps for Windows because on a business level Microsoft tends to be the best way to go and since everyone uses Microsoft computers and tablets in a business(unless it's iPads) the ability to sync with your phone would be greatly appreciated.
    Okay that was a lot longer than I intended I apologize. And it still doesn't quite portray what I'm trying to get at. If you don't agree give me feedback, not insults, haha. I'd appreciate a good argument that isn't someone telling me why Android or iOS is better, like most forums, haha. Thank you.
    James8561 likes this.
    08-08-2014 10:36 AM
    The lack of proper support for most basic functions (like proper keyboard inputs for some languages) and limitations of many apps
    The lack of what i consider key apps for my work.
    The fact Nokia/MSFT misses a proper service in Taiwan (terrible staff)
    The lack of any form of security/encryption whatsoever
    The slowliness of updates that never really bring anything new except marginal improvements normally acclaimed by many users like the next best thing after sliced bread.
    The utter indifference of Microsoft.

The rest, i can live with. (LOL)
    waidosas likes this.
    08-08-2014 10:49 AM
    No more built-in messaging - they should have built-in FB, Skype, Whatsapp, etc. or at least opened an API and convinced developers to implement this. It's such a great idea to have all messaging all in one place. Seriously disappointed that it's been neutered since 8.1.

Photos app in 8.1...atrocious compared to before.

General app quality - many apps are still far better on other platforms.

Lack of updates to built-in things like the email app - where's a proper Outlook app with all the web functionalities?

Xbox Music and syncing music like before with WP7 and Zune.. I want my song rating, autoplaylists, and wireless syncing back!

No Cellular Data toggle in the Action Center.. how did they miss this from the start?? It's literally the first thing I would want as a toggle.

Phones are announced, then released much, much later and on limited carriers. This is extremely disappointing, especially here in Canada. Had to order the 1520 from across the border.
    kansal likes this.
    08-08-2014 10:53 AM
    Carrier exclusivity.
    MS having better quality apps on other platforms over WP.

when you realise that windows phone sucks for gamers due to the fact that there are only around 80 xbox live games.
    How many XBox Live games does iOS, BB, or Android have?
    Your statement is a perk, not a hindrance.
    gwinegarden likes this.
    08-08-2014 11:36 AM
    little or no banking apps, and no usb otg,
    08-08-2014 11:51 AM
    Nokia must release a true flagship phone that competes directly with the best Android and Apple devices both on paper and in real life. This means the latest technology, in every aspect. Not because the phone needs it(since Windows tends to be more efficient) but because it impresses the normal man.
    That won't do much good until this is accomplished:

Work on polishing the platform to make it look nice and be more functional. Make it faster, make it even more personalized.
    In my thinking, this part is infinitely more important than stunning hardware.
    08-08-2014 11:59 AM
    My mistake, those should be switched. The polishing comes first. Thanks for catching that.
    tgp likes this.
    08-08-2014 01:23 PM
    Unsupported features. For example, USB On-The-Go. It has received well over 10,000 votes on uservoice by now. What makes this even more painful is the fact it is supported by the hardware. So it feels kind of like having bought a new computer mouse that you especially like, only to find out later that there exists no device driver software for Windows to get it to actually work, while, on top of that, none of the other popular OS choices have been having any such trouble for years.
    08-08-2014 03:30 PM
    The fact that most users don't have a clue how to use Windows Phone properly.. That's what pains me the most, as is illustrated by the threads about problems and 'lack of features'. Funny that I've never had a single problem with any WP device I have owned - 5 in total now...
    Maybe I'm using the phone wrong....
    08-08-2014 03:43 PM
    My bank is not on here(citizens bank) but I'm just connected to mint.com that I really like but still can't deposit a check and Xbox music really sucks right now and I'm subscribed to it for 6 more months. That's about it for me, 8.1 made it alot better.
    08-08-2014 03:50 PM
    If not finding any problems means you're using the phones wrong...than you're doing something right, haha. I understand what you mean. I found a guy talking about all of his tiny little problems with Windows Phones. Even quite a few big ones. And every single on was exactly what had been fixed in 8.1. All of them. I had a good laugh at him.
    08-08-2014 03:52 PM
    I think that a big issue is that there are no comprehensive parental controls aimed at TEENAGERS and young adults. Yes, kids corner is a great feature for those letting kids play with their phones, but there is no website filtering for teens and young adults who could easily get on to some sketchy websites. Some parents I've spoken to find that this is a deal-breaker, and when I have heard the number of teenagers interested in "those awesome Nokias with Xbox built-in!!" I'm surprised Microsoft is not addressing this key demographic. There are filtered apps available for Windows Phone, but any smart teenager will just ignore them and use Internet Explorer which contains no blocking functionalities whatsoever. I think this is Microsoft's own pride, since they really really want people to use IE only. I'm fine with it, but I'm not the only one who has a Windows Phone. They've got to think about everything to get people who don't have one or are considering one to jump on board.
    08-08-2014 04:01 PM
    I know WP is very limited OS, don't care about apps. Been using it since Lumia 710 came out, and the restrictions were/are such a pain, you couldn't send videos on WhatsApp though even now mp3 is not supported (I know mp4 formatting trick) for sending and saving.
    So here what I don't like still
    -Viber is the worst along with Skype.
    -Office never gets update
    -battery
    -blah blah
    -and the most important (for me) is I can't move WhatsApp chat history from one device to another (yes I know about SD card but none of my phones, three, have it)
    08-08-2014 04:02 PM
    The email client and the Office hub are pathetic.
    jhoff80 likes this.
    08-08-2014 04:22 PM
157 1234 ...