What pains you most in Windows Phone?

simplescheme

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
There are quite some things that are a real pain currently but my main issue hands down is the so bad Video, Podcasts and Music experience. Those apps are such a pain to use. Slow, unreliable and full of bugs and missing features and because all the 3rd party apps are not better I think the current media stack in WP8 is messed up big time.

Apart from that I can't believe what they did with the Lumia 930 and it's overheating issues and really bad screen. This was such a sub par release of a flagship phone for Nokia.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Downloading large file other than app
Apps/games(WPstore)
Xbox apps......

Lets forget it.
The main problem of WP is that you have wait for everything.(excluding OS updates)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
When the same app on the other platforms doesn't have parity with features on WP. Apps should work/have the same features across the board.

Daks023

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
After cyan update when i enter in some apps , like Whatsapp i hear static noise,its not that loud but its annoying and prob wasting my battery...

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Oh! And no background download. Meaning you have to stay in the app/browser while something is being downloaded.

From personal experience, this isn't correct. At least, it isn't with Windows Phone 8.1. If you haven't updated I highly suggest it, it's a very good update and does fix a large amount of previous problems. I've downloaded stuff and left it there in the background, just don't close the app in the background(the app page that comes up when you hold down the back button).

I think this thread can be extremely useful, as long as people don't start fighting over who's right and how. This is a problem! No it isn't you're imagining it. But this is a good thing...NO it isn't you're imagining it! We can't help Microsoft improve by arguing, haha.
My main issue with Windows Phone is aesthetic polish. Features such as Cortana and the Actions Center don't seem to quite fit in. I think the entire platform in general needs a good rub down to really make it shine, even next to the more mature iOS platform.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've talked in depth about the problem with Windows Phones before, such as the lack of apps or variety of OEM's. I'm really not in the mood to write three paragraphs of information so long story short...
Nokia must release a true flagship phone that competes directly with the best Android and Apple devices both on paper and in real life. This means the latest technology, in every aspect. Not because the phone needs it(since Windows tends to be more efficient) but because it impresses the normal man.
Work on polishing the platform to make it look nice and be more functional. Make it faster, make it even more personalized.
Once OEM's such as HTC and Sony see how far Microsoft has gone, and a phone that can compete with the best they have, they may see the logic in jumping onto the Windows Phone train. And instead of making a Windows Phone has a side project, as OEM's have done before, they may truly focus on making a good, powerful Windows Phone that gives people more variety. And people who previously were big fans of HTC or Sony would now consider Windows Phones, since HTC or Sony would have one released.
OEM's supporting you, you gain the support of app developers. Developers previously forgetful and often lazy when it comes to Windows Phones would update and create apps to support the rising platform supported by major Android names. Local businesses and companies would start creating apps for Windows because on a business level Microsoft tends to be the best way to go and since everyone uses Microsoft computers and tablets in a business(unless it's iPads) the ability to sync with your phone would be greatly appreciated.
Okay that was a lot longer than I intended I apologize. And it still doesn't quite portray what I'm trying to get at. If you don't agree give me feedback, not insults, haha. I'd appreciate a good argument that isn't someone telling me why Android or iOS is better, like most forums, haha. Thank you.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
The lack of proper support for most basic functions (like proper keyboard inputs for some languages) and limitations of many apps
The lack of what i consider key apps for my work.
The fact Nokia/MSFT misses a proper service in Taiwan (terrible staff)
The lack of any form of security/encryption whatsoever
The slowliness of updates that never really bring anything new except marginal improvements normally acclaimed by many users like the next best thing after sliced bread.
The utter indifference of Microsoft.

The rest, i can live with. (LOL)

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No more built-in messaging - they should have built-in FB, Skype, Whatsapp, etc. or at least opened an API and convinced developers to implement this. It's such a great idea to have all messaging all in one place. Seriously disappointed that it's been neutered since 8.1.

Photos app in 8.1...atrocious compared to before.

General app quality - many apps are still far better on other platforms.

Lack of updates to built-in things like the email app - where's a proper Outlook app with all the web functionalities?

Xbox Music and syncing music like before with WP7 and Zune.. I want my song rating, autoplaylists, and wireless syncing back!

No Cellular Data toggle in the Action Center.. how did they miss this from the start?? It's literally the first thing I would want as a toggle.

Phones are announced, then released much, much later and on limited carriers. This is extremely disappointing, especially here in Canada. Had to order the 1520 from across the border.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Carrier exclusivity.
MS having better quality apps on other platforms over WP.

when you realise that windows phone sucks for gamers due to the fact that there are only around 80 xbox live games.
How many XBox Live games does iOS, BB, or Android have?
Your statement is a perk, not a hindrance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo