Question about chat status auto-replies

Xanek

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Edit: I have a nokia lumia 1020

Do chat status auto-replies only auto-reply to other windows phone 8's, or doe sit auto-reply to everyone?

I have set my chat status to busy, though my sister, on an iphone 5, doesn't get the auto-reply that i'm busy.

If another windows phone 8 user sends a text while i'm set to busy, do they also receive it, and if so, does it also show up on my side that it sent an auto-reply?

Last edited:

Xanek

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
It auto replies to anyone. My friend who has an iPhone gets my auto replies.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Why doesn't anyone that text me get it then?
When I set the chat status to busy, i see my skype on my desktop go busy... so is it not tied to my text messages?

Edit: Messaging -> status -> Busy.
Skype changes to busy, no auto-replies.
One of my friends online has a windows phone and it tells me when they're set to busy, but mine doesn't?

Edit2: Apparently the status button is because I have a facebook app installed?
If this is the only reason, then how do I make it so I can have auto-replies for text messages...?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why doesn't anyone that text me get it then?
When I set the chat status to busy, i see my skype on my desktop go busy... so is it not tied to my text messages?

Edit: Messaging -> status -> Busy.
Skype changes to busy, no auto-replies.
One of my friends online has a windows phone and it tells me when they're set to busy, but mine doesn't?

Edit2: Apparently the status button is because I have a facebook app installed?
If this is the only reason, then how do I make it so I can have auto-replies for text messages...?

I don't use Facebook. and my friends who text me don't use Skype. These friends only use regular SMS/MMS.

I use Cortana Quiet Hours, and anyone outside of my Inner Circle gets the busy message if they send me SMS/MMS.

Xanek

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Is something wrong with my phone then since it doesn't auto reply? Or does it not work due to having a Facebook app and Skype app on my phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)