Lumia 520 will not update HELP!

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Referring to the topic above. I've mentioned that my Lumia 520 won't update. I seriously mean it won't update. I can't even download the Lumia BLACK UPDATE!
When I hit the update button it says that the phone is up to date.
Now, I got this phone as a temporary phone from my local service center here (MALAYSIA). Reason behind that is, they will be holding on to my Lumia 925 for over a month, to do testing and find out the cause of the problem behind my phones battery going bad over 6 times.

So since I'm gonna be holding on to this, might as well I update it to 8.1 and enjoy the experience.

Anyways back to the topic, now how do I update this? If I go into extra + info I see this:
Manufacture name
RM-914_eu_euro1_325

Mobile Operator
000-GB

It seems that they have given a Europe region model?

When I go into About the version I see is
Os
Firmware

I've tried changing the region it still won't give me the update.

I iz be needing the help from all of you :<

Thank you

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
They have it already. My sister is using a Lumia 520 and she has wp8.1.

I on the other hand don't even have the Lumia Black (GDR3) update yet

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
They have it already. My sister is using a Lumia 520 and she has wp8.1.

I on the other hand don't even have the Lumia Black (GDR3) update yet
What's the problem? Is your phone not notifying you about the updates or is it that the update is not getting downloaded? If your update is not downloading, then turn on the location, only then it will download! Also for downloading Lumia cyan, you need the latest Lumia black update! If I am not wrong, there were around 3-4 updates of Lumia black! So you'll have to keep updating your phone that many number of times & then you'll b able to download Lumia cyan

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
What's the problem? Is your phone not notifying you about the updates or is it that the update is not getting downloaded? If your update is not downloading, then turn on the location, only then it will download! Also for downloading Lumia cyan, you need the latest Lumia black update! If I am not wrong, there were around 3-4 updates of Lumia black! So you'll have to keep updating your phone that many number of times & then you'll b able to download Lumia cyan

as mentioned in my first post when I check for update it just says the phone is up to date. My location is turned on still it says the same thing. The problem is that, this phone does not even have the black update installed. As I said it keeps showing phone is up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs