My SD card did not read any of my files after I saved them on it and later downgrade to WP 8

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
i told you.. if you have a backup you can restore your files... do a hard reset>> after entering your MS login infos they'll look for available backups>> choose the one you want>> restore it

I didn't do any backup man. I don't care of any apps or anything. my pics were already saved in SD automatically directly, now I can't see them or restore them. May I will try to look to plug in throw reader not throw cable ,, but i think it dose not matter.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you try as I suggested? I recognize it is a bit of work to upgrade to 8.1 again but rather than to consider them lost forever without trying, at least try it. The thing is that I was on DP 8.1 and downgraded to 8.0 to install Cyan and then upgraded to 8.1 again. I had backed up to my computer but I didn't need to restore because it was still reading the pictures and all on the SD card just fine. I didn't check the SD card when I briefly had 8.0 installed so I don't know if it recognized the files then or not.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you try as I suggested? I recognize it is a bit of work to upgrade to 8.1 again but rather than to consider them lost forever without trying, at least try it. The thing is that I was on DP 8.1 and downgraded to 8.0 to install Cyan and then upgraded to 8.1 again. I had backed up to my computer but I didn't need to restore because it was still reading the pictures and all on the SD card just fine. I didn't check the SD card when I briefly had 8.0 installed so I don't know if it recognized the files then or not.

Ok I did and when I cheek from phone storage i find my files in Others but they can't open it ,, and all other things like picures and so on are empty and when i Open other it says " there are files type that we dont reconize and which dont fit it with the rest u can try manging them from your phone" and anyway they are not shown in PC.........

Im really sad to lost such important files and feel im stupid as well.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok I did and when I cheek from phone storage i find my files in Others but they can't open it ,, and all other things like picures and so on are empty and when i Open other it says " there are files type that we dont reconize and which dont fit it with the rest u can try manging them from your phone" and anyway they are not shown in PC.........

Im really sad to lost such important files and feel im stupid as well.

Okay, have you tried using an SD card reader on your computer instead of just connecting the phone by USB? Maybe you can try to take ownership and set permissions of the files in Windows directly then. The only thing I can think of is WP 8.0 replaced something on the file system making your files not readable and now even though you upgraded to 8.1 again, it no longer recognizes the files. Since I didn't use the SD card until I upgraded back to 8.1, I guess I avoided the issue.
I think using an SD card reader would be a good start though. Even if you can't read the files after setting permissions and such, you can try downloading data recovery software and see if you are able to recover any files that way.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay, have you tried using an SD card reader on your computer instead of just connecting the phone by USB? Maybe you can try to take ownership and set permissions of the files in Windows directly then. The only thing I can think of is WP 8.0 replaced something on the file system making your files not readable and now even though you upgraded to 8.1 again, it no longer recognizes the files. Since I didn't use the SD card until I upgraded back to 8.1, I guess I avoided the issue.
I think using an SD card reader would be a good start though. Even if you can't read the files after setting permissions and such, you can try downloading data recovery software and see if you are able to recover any files that way.

I tried and guess what!! ... the SD card do not want to open or even be read on Reader.... it only access throw USB cable. tried to put it in another phone, it's the same, read the size but no files inside. the files exist but where and how I can access and see them i can't and no hidden folders. the only thing I find is some whatsapp backup and It's messages and i don't know why this exist. and only 3 pics from one random album. so why the rest I can't see or read. I don't know i can't understand.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried and guess what!! ... the SD card do not want to open or even be read on Reader.... it only access throw USB cable. tried to put it in another phone, it's the same, read the size but no files inside. the files exist but where and how I can access and see them i can't and no hidden folders. the only thing I find is some whatsapp backup and It's messages and i don't know why this exist. and only 3 pics from one random album. so why the rest I can't see or read. I don't know i can't understand.

If the SD card reader wouldn't recognize your card, it is probably of an unsupported type. For example, you might have an SDXC card but your reader only supports SD or SDHC, or you might have an SDHC card but your reader only supports SD.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
If the SD card reader wouldn't recognize your card, it is probably of an unsupported type. For example, you might have an SDXC card but your reader only supports SD or SDHC, or you might have an SDHC card but your reader only supports SD.

How would I know what kind of SD card is this. anyway the results could be one most likely, I try the SD card in another phone and it show exactly as I see in pc. it's really crazy the files exist in the partition outside and when I access the partition I find the folders but it's empty or with zero bytes. it's really crazy and no hidden files inside. so where is the files I don't know... the new thing that I find is a folder inside whats app folder named Winphonebackup I don't know what to do with this files but maybe something could shows anyway inside this folder some folder named with dates and inside it files under names messange.db .. most likely it's whatsapp backup. this is crazy to see the size and inside it's zero bytes.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
How would I know what kind of SD card is this. anyway the results could be one most likely, I try the SD card in another phone and it show exactly as I see in pc. it's really crazy the files exist in the partition outside and when I access the partition I find the folders but it's empty or with zero bytes. it's really crazy and no hidden files inside. so where is the files I don't know... the new thing that I find is a folder inside whats app folder named Winphonebackup I don't know what to do with this files but maybe something could shows anyway inside this folder some folder named with dates and inside it files under names messange.db .. most likely it's whatsapp backup. this is crazy to see the size and inside it's zero bytes.

What is the capacity of the SD card?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
it'a 16 gb and it's all I know at the moment.

The cards are typically labeled but 16 GB are SDHC. Regular SD cards are only 2 GB or smaller, and larger capacity cards like 64 GB are SDXC. If your card reader is an old model, like maybe more than 5 years old or so, it might only support the original SD or it might have a limit on the size of an SDHC like 4 or 8 GB. If you can find someone with a card reader that will read it, you can try to access it again or use data recovery software to see if it can find the files, but I doubt data recovery software would work when it is connected through the phone; you would have to be able to read it with a card reader. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions. Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
The cards are typically labeled but 16 GB are SDHC. Regular SD cards are only 2 GB or smaller, and larger capacity cards like 64 GB are SDXC. If your card reader is an old model, like maybe more than 5 years old or so, it might only support the original SD or it might have a limit on the size of an SDHC like 4 or 8 GB. If you can find someone with a card reader that will read it, you can try to access it again or use data recovery software to see if it can find the files, but I doubt data recovery software would work when it is connected through the phone; you would have to be able to read it with a card reader. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions. Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance.

I so much appreciate your effort with me really, some changes appears I buy a new reader and SD card work fine. the new thing that I find a folder and it was hidden named WPsystem. inside it I find the apps that I was copied it before but for sure with different extentions that I can't read, Also I couldn't find my pictures inside I don't even know how. something come to my mind that maybe I lost this pictures forever coz it seems maybe they didn't even copied coz if so I would find them in SD card directly BUT Im so much sure that I make the SD card a defult card to save my pictures. Im still trying to find a way and any news I will let u know, and thank u so much really for u and for everyone who try to help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo