My SD card did not read any of my files after I saved them on it and later downgrade to WP 8

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello Folks, after I updated my phone to WP 8.1 I didn;t like it for many reasons and before I downgrade it I restore my files and apps and pics and everything in my SD card.... Later on after I downgrade to WP 8. I couldn't sync my files or get them back again to my phone. even when I brows the files throw my PC it shows the folders but its' empty, however the size of the SD card recognize the files... Plz help what to do ??

It's very important files :( .. Do I lost it forever ??

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You should do a hard reset after the downgrade to recover your backup.
But, i'm not sure about theapps.
for the record, what kind of files are you talking about? you won't loose any data from sd card, you don't loose your contacts since it's synced with your MS account and you can install all your apps again from Strore>> My Apps. Only the data's from your phone memory will be deleated.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I downgrade anyway and save my files like pictures and videos and music in my SD card, Then I take it out, Then I downgrade to Windows 8
and then I put it In again, I tried to open files from it, But I couldn;t find any files, I open throw pc and i find folders but they are empty.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
wow wow wow... how did you made a backup to your SD card. you can only back up to cloud.
If you just copied your stuff to SD card, it doesn't work as backup files. if you copied your app datas and all.. it won't work again just by copying it back.
If you want to see the files go to computer >> folder settings>> show hidden files and folders>>ok
you can see the files.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
It might not recognize them since the card was already used with 8.1. Try updating to WP 8.1 again, put the SD card in and see if you can see the files then. If so, copy them to your computer. Then downgrade to 8.0 again. You may have the erase the SD card and copy them back from your computer at that point.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just cheek all of my apps and music and pics then copy to SD card, then I think I can find them easily later. I already copyed them, now they are exist in other when i saw in my phone but it says we can't read them. and yes I show hidden files I saw folders but no files inside, However there is a Size!!!!!

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
YEAH.. it's supposed to work. your phone will pull all the readable files from your SD card and sort it out. like Music, pictures, doc files and all. Are you sure that you physically moved all your files to SD card?

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
this idea come to my mind, but maybe there is some way without upgrading again and downgrade and even it;s not assure that I may find the files again.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Those files are gone forever. When you save anything to that card it is encrypted. So if you downgraded, reset, etc., it will not read it. It is a safety measure. Just think, anyone with a WP could pop in your card and read your files.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I you have moved all the files to SD card you could see them when you plug it to your pc. If it's not there you didn't do it the right way.
I had to move my files too. i just plugged my phone to pc and moved all my files from phone memory to sd card and upgraded my phone. I had my SD card in the phone. nothing happened to my files in SD card but my phone mem was clear. I later got all my files, i copied everything back to the respective folders. and the rest i got it from my MS account. so, if you did copy, you should see your files. or else it's gone.. upgrading back to 8.1 doesn't change anything. The files doesn't exist physically.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I you have moved all the files to SD card you could see them when you plug it to your pc. If it's not there you didn't do it the right way.
I had to move my files too. i just plugged my phone to pc and moved all my files from phone memory to sd card and upgraded my phone. I had my SD card in the phone. nothing happened to my files in SD card but my phone mem was clear. I later got all my files, i copied everything back to the respective folders. and the rest i got it from my MS account. so, if you did copy, you should see your files. or else it's gone.. upgrading back to 8.1 doesn't change anything. The files doesn't exist physically.

I did copy the files but not from the PC, I copied them from the phone, plus pics were in SD card they saved in SD card anyway and no need to copied them. so I took The SD card and my files anyway there, why I can't read them now ??? ... in WP 8.1 I made it save pics in SD card directly not in phone.. Why now I can't see my pics in SD card no matter in phone or if I brows in pc.... that's so much frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss