Help w/Contact Backup

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I've had my Icon for a while now, and need help figuring something out. I currently have two sources of "contacts" on the phone - one is my live.com account and the other is from exchange server at work. I am currently not working (not terminated yet, either) but am locked out of my work email. I temporarily disabled automatic sync on that account so that I would not have to deal with error messages. Here is my need - I need a way of bringing all of my exchange server contacts into my live.com account. I need to do this because if I do lose my job, I may lose all of the contact information that is on the exchange server at work. Thanks in advance.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
If the contacts are still showing you should be able to share them with yourself via vcard format. I can't figure out an easier way than doing it one at a time.
Sent from my...

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
They are still showing. That way you mentioned will work, but I have over 600 contacts, so would take forever. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
quick search took me to this thread...http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7/196084-export-contacts-lumia-800-a.html which brought me to this app, which i've never used myself but it says it provides the functionality you are looking for but didnt actually let me try it out so i tried this app instead and it seemed to do the trick. it saved them to my phone or to onedrive as a .txt. then just change the ext to csv and youre all set.

now you have access to all of your old clients contact info and your old company cant stop you from taking them with you. :excited:

seriously though, best of luck with the job situation.

Last edited:

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll give it a try as soon as the outlook.com servers are working again. It appears that there is some type of wide outage today.
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans