Has anyone not yet upgraded to WP8.1 ?

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am still on 8.0 Lumia black and not upgrading to 8.1 even though update is already available to download.Am perfectly satisfied with 8.0 as it is so i see no point in upgrading to 8.1 as it hardly improves anything I heard and instead removes some useful and cool features 8.0 had.
Also wanted to ask if there is any way to stop the phone from constantly prompting me to download the update ? I see no such option in settings menu once an update is already detected.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
With so many threads begging to finally get to 8.1 and new features, bug fixes, speed boost and better battery life, I guess I never considered the opposite extreme might be out there. Good to know you can be satisfied with Lumia Black.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am still on 8.0 Lumia black and not upgrading to 8.1 even though update is already available to download.Am perfectly satisfied with 8.0 as it is so i see no point in upgrading to 8.1 as it hardly improves anything I heard and instead removes some useful and cool features 8.0 had.
Also wanted to ask if there is any way to stop the phone from constantly prompting me to download the update ? I see no such option in settings menu once an update is already detected.
If that make you happy then good for you. Everybody else is enjoying the latest and greatest :)

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
With so many threads begging to finally get to 8.1 and new features, bug fixes, speed boost and better battery life, I guess I never considered the opposite extreme might be out there. Good to know you can be satisfied with Lumia Black.
But isnt 8.1 a minor upgrade ? The real upgrade is going WP9 isnt it ?

If that make you happy then good for you. Everybody else is enjoying the latest and greatest :)

Greatest ? What exactly is the greatest feature of 8.1 ? Cortana ? Or notification center? I thought WP community was perfectly happy with lack of these two features up until 8.0 ?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Greatest ? What exactly is the greatest feature of 8.1 ? Cortana ? Or notification center? I thought WP community was perfectly happy with lack of these two features up until 8.0 ?
Improvement to Camera, folders, improvement to battery life, improvement to Internet explorer, the list goes on and on... Is not just Cortana.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I am not the most experienced windowsphone 8 user, I used it only for about a day when I got my L1520 4days ago. I thought to play around with wp8 before upgrading to wp8.1.
I do still have a L520 i got 3 days ago on wp8 tho.
And I can say, for me, the notifications center alone makes it worth it, swype keyboard also proved very much worth it and to think this is my first time using this feature. I always thought it was too overstated but wow proved to be very handy. Improvements in explorer also, especially while viewing youtube videos.
And all other features @maclancer already stated. Like I said, im not the most experienced wp8 user but I cant think of a reason why you would pick wp8 over wp8.1.
Any special reasons or advantages?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Echoing what's been said already, the improvements go much deeper than a few features. What's the reasons your sticking with 8.0?

Not saying you're wrong just curious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05