Emails (new, reply and/or FWD) do not recommend/display contacts when typing names

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I posted this is the 928 forum; however, I want to know if anyone has experienced a similar problem with other versions of Windows Phones

I have just noticed that whenever I attempt to create a new email, I am not seeing a list of contacts appear as I type names. I must click on a little + sign on the right and then must conduct a search for the contact so I can then select their email address FOR EACH PERSON I want to send an email! The same thing happens whenever I reply to an email & try to add Cc: recipients to the reply as well as when I forward a message. Is anyone else having this issue? It is not happening all of the time; but, this only started since the software update. Is there a way to fix it? This is very, very time consuming and quite frustrating. I find myself just waiting until I return to my office to send an email. Thank you.
(Firmware # 3051.40000.1352.0058)

When the issue occurs, I notice that names appear a light gray, rather than black. When I press Enter, the color of the name turns black, leading me to believe it has an email address selected. However, when I hit send, I get an error message stating there is no email address.

wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
Note the Grey lettering

wp_ss_20140308_0002.png
"Jeff" turns black after hitting Enter/Return; but when I hit Send...

wp_ss_20140308_0003.png
I get this error message

I have had to do a hard reset 3 times this year (about every 3 months) and now it appears I will have to do a 4th. If you have the same issue, please let me know what WP you have. I'm thinking of telling our IT guy (this is a phone issued from work) to just order me an Icon and hope the issue doesn't rear its ugly head on that device.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned above, I'm looking to switch to the Icon. In comparing the devices at GSM Arena, I see "Predictive Text Input" as feature on both phones. Perhaps this is the source of the issue with my 928, I dunno. What I do know is that hard resets every quarter are getting really, really old.

So, no one other than a few 928 owners have experienced this issue? I hope that no news is good news!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss