Downgrading Windows Phone 8.1 to 8.0

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced a lot more lag on my phone with Windows Phone 8.1 compared to Windows Phone 8.0. I've noticed this is a common feeling shared among users in these forums. The xbox music and games apps are noticeably more laggy and I am bored of seeing the resuming screen on my Lumia 625.

I've also got the Lumia 930/1520. I do not want to downgrade those as I hope to update those to Windows 10. However, with the Lumia 625, I want to downgrade to Windows Phone 8.0.

I'm wondering on how to go about this. I know I have to back up all of my data and use the Nokia software recovery tool. Is that all?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Using NSRT will only get you the latest available SW/FW. You will have to download the older version elsewhere and have the NSRT offline before flashing. I dont know how well your phone will come out of this move as I have never done it myself.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I dont know how well your phone will come out of this move as I have never done it myself

If all the steps have been done correctly everything should go smooth :) However it's always handy to check some vids on youtube or just reading up on how/what to do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720