Does Live Lock Screen work yet?

Yuiiski

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, when this app launched I remember it ruining my lock screen with a terrible delay and just not working as it should, I don't have my phone on me but could someone tell me if this apps has been updated at all? Or has it just been abandoned?

Thanks.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the very same lags and other issues, when it was released. And even though it hasn't received a single update, recent OS updates significantly increased performance of the live lockscreen beta app on my 1520.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, when this app launched I remember it ruining my lock screen with a terrible delay and just not working as it should, I don't have my phone on me but could someone tell me if this apps has been updated at all? Or has it just been abandoned?

Thanks.

It doesn't work properly because of limitation of the lockscreen in WP. the lockscreen meant to be static not with animations.
The lockscreen will be smooth in WM10. So you'll have to wait.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work properly because of limitation of the lockscreen in WP. the lockscreen meant to be static not with animations.
The lockscreen will be smooth in WM10. So you'll have to wait.

Really wondering where you got this from. First off, Microsoft made a couple of changes with WP 8.1, which enabled animation on the lock screen in the first place. So you can't even say that it wasn't meant for it. And secondly, pretty much nothing is known about Windows 10 for mobile, some rather small details aside. Definitely nothing about lockscreens. Bold statements.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Really wondering where you got this from. First off, Microsoft made a couple of changes with WP 8.1, which enabled animation on the lock screen in the first place. So you can't even say that it wasn't meant for it. And secondly, pretty much nothing is known about Windows 10 for mobile, some rather small details aside. Definitely nothing about lockscreens. Bold statements.

First off, in WP 8.1 the lockscreen apps still suck. Just install and see for yourself before trying to convince people that everything is alright.
Second, you will learn on 21st January about WM10, sit tight user, sit tight.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First off, in WP 8.1 the lockscreen apps still suck. Just install and see for yourself before trying to convince people that everything is alright.
Second, you will learn on 21st January about WM10, sit tight user, sit tight.

That's when you're going to learn things too, right? So it was totally legit to tell you that you don't know jack about lockscreens in Win 10 for mobile. Just like everyone else.
And I've not been saying anything about the live lockscreen beta being all right. Improve your reading skills please. All I said was that the last one or two OS updates improved its performance, because the main issues weren't app, but API related. It's still not working perfectly fine, and I've never stated otherwise. What I said was that it significantly improved. And that's the truth. I'm using it all the time.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
That's when you're going to learn things too, right? So it was totally legit to tell you that you don't know jack about lockscreens in Win 10 for mobile. Just like everyone else.
And I've not been saying anything about the live lockscreen beta being all right. Improve your reading skills please. All I said was that the last one or two OS updates improved its performance, because the main issues weren't app, but API related. It's still not working perfectly fine, and I've never stated otherwise. What I said was that it significantly improved. And that's the truth. I'm using it all the time.

Please be civilized. Just because I know more than you doesn't mean you have to become angry at me.
The WP8.1.1 doesn't make lockscreen smooth as it is still limited by the OS. On 21st of January you will learn more.
Meanwhile stop arguing just so that you can prove your point (which fails from the very beginning since the lockscreen apps still don't work as expected).
Enjoy your WP8.1.1 until WM10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos