WP 8, where is the option to Sync Microsoft Account Calendar in settings?

DilettanteMom

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
WP 8, no option to Sync Microsoft Account Calendar in settings.

I've been syncing a Windows Phone to my Outlook Calendar on my PC for many years. My last phone, WP 7, was set up to sync calendars from both my Windows Live and Google. My PC uses Outlook 2010 with Outlook Connector to sync to my Live/Microsoft/Outlook.com Calendar.

On my new WP 8 Lumia 1020 phone, in settings, for my Google settings it allows me to check the box to sync the Calendar, but under my Microsoft Account (called Outlook), there is no option to check a box to sync the calendar. The only "content to sync" option on the new phone under Microsoft account is "email."

What is happening is, when I add an appointment on my phone, it appears correctly, and syncs to my Windows Live/Outlook.com calendar. But it appears in pink (as a Google Calendar Item) on my Windows Live/Outlook.com Calendar, while all other appointments are blue (as "Calendar") on Windows Live/Outlook Calendar, and fails to sync to my PC. If I change the appointment manually (on the website Outlook.com) to stop being a Google Calendar event, and to make it a regular "Calendar" event, then it turns blue and syncs with my PC.

How do I get the items I add to my Phone calendar to sync the whole way through to Windows Live/Outlook.com and through to Outlook on my PC without taking an extra step each time?

I have searched these forums and the Microsoft Help pages, with no luck.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP 8, no option to Sync Microsoft Account Calendar in settings.

Have a read of this - Sync my calendars on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

If that doesn't help you then we'll go through things more. There is no reason why you should be having this issue. All my stuff syncs automatically. When you have a MS account you cannot turn off the calendar in the account settings only under the calendar app in settings. You should check there.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you're syncing the correct calendar in Outlook. The default calendar is the one with your Live email address. Go to the settings in your Calendar app and see what calendars are being synced (US Holidays, Birthdays, GMail, etc.)

DilettanteMom

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site

OK, I have read the sync instructions. The sync is working correctly according to the settings. The problem is, when I go to my phone's settings, there is no option to sync Calendar items when I am looking at my Outlook account. Because so many of these items have the same name on separate screens, I am going to show you how I get to the problematic screen:

From home screen on WP 8, Lumia 1020, tap Settings live tile.
Under System settings, there is no choice for Calendar, so I choose email+accounts.
Two accounts show, one called Microsoft account (with the email address underneath that I use to log in to all my Microsoft sites: Live, Outlook.com, W8 PC, etc). The other is called Google.

I tap Microsoft Account. It says that Account name is Outlook. Partway down the screen it says: "Content to sync", and the only thing listed there with a checkbox is "Email." When I look at the Google account, it gives me more options under "Content to Sync": Email, Contacts, and Calendar.

When I go to the Calendar app, and choose settings, I have the boxes checked that I want displayed on my phone Calendar app. They include Facebook birthdays, Facebook Attending, and 2 of the 4 calendars listed under the section for "Outlook" (the one named after my Google account plus the one just called Calendar). I see no other choices for which calendar to use as default for adding items, or ways to get the Outlook/Microsoft/Live Calendar to appear. I think the problem is on that main system settings screen under Microsoft Account.

The sync between my PC and Outlook.com is working. The Sync between Outlook.com and Phone is working. The problem is I cannot tell phone to sync the correct calendar and I cannot save phone events to the correct calendar. My old WP 7 let me choose which Calendar to use when creating a new event.

Do you think it is possible that the problem could be caused by my using a Google email address as my Windows Live/Microsoft/Outlook.com username? It never gave me trouble with Windows Phone 7.

I hope this clarifies my problem. Sorry if my last post wasn't clear. I find the whole thing confusing, as you can probably tell.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, calendar sync for your Microsoft account is simply automatic (the same applies for contacts & tasks) and if you add any other outlook.com accounts syncing is optional for calendar, contacts, tasks. and email.

The reason being I believe this to provide a seamless experience between your PC / tablet and phone later perhaps the xbox 1 as well.

You should be able to choose which calendar you want to use, you may need to scroll down or tap on more details than scroll down. I can't remember the layout of the calendar app in Wp 8.0 lol...

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
i Am actually having this same issue. I recently had to reset my lumia 1020 back to factory setting. After doing that my microsoft account wouldnt sync my contacts & calender to my phone. i had to export my contacts to a new outlook account to be able to view them on my phone. As for my calender i havent gotten any work around for that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo