Jawbone Icon Question

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
George's review was excellent. But it doesn't say whether the Icon will do bluetooth audio (music) or not. Jawbone's site & forum aren't any clearer. And Googling other reviews gets me no more info as to whether the Icon can handle bluetooth music (from my phone) or not. Does anyone know?

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Sorry about that. The icon does not have streaming audio capabilities.

Thanks, George. The lack of comment in that area seems pretty common with noise cancelling bt headsets. I think the focus is so much on the noise cancelling that reviewers forget some of us might also consider the audio streaming a still important feature. Of all the reviews I've read of various noise cancelling headsets, IIRC, there was one for either the Plantronics Voyager Pro or the BlueAnt model tthat came out at the same time, that addressed the fact this feature wasn't there.

There are apps that will direct all audio to the bt headset & they work pretty well. But each of those close when you close the streaming app. So, if you're switching apps, you have to restart the audio redirection app, too. I keep hoping that, one of these days, someone will make a headset with all the good noise cancellation qualities of my Voyager Pro, plus include audio streaming. ;)

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I keep hoping that, one of these days, someone will make a headset with all the good noise cancellation qualities of my Voyager Pro, plus include audio streaming. ;)

That's now a moot point, since the Icon has a firmware update that supports music streaming. Too late for me, having gone with the Voyager Pro for normal use & the 903 for BT music listening (both from Plantronics).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise