Same battery as European version?

libis54

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey does anyone know if the battery slot is the same size as the euro version of the trophy? I want to buy a 1500 mah battery and am wondering if we need to wait for a US specific one... thanks!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So someone has a 1500mAh that's the same size as your 1300mAh. If not supplied by HTC, probably a bunch of BS, but go ahead and waste sone cash if you like. I have seen some replacements; 1230mAh to 1300mAh, and not even sure of those. But 200mAh is quite a bit to fi in the same slot.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i had a seido battery in my incredible that went from 1300mah to 1750mah that fit in the same case...

i don't think they would lie about the battery.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they would "lie" about the mAh of the battery either. The thing I wonder about is how reliable and what quality the battery is in order to fit it in the same package.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they would "lie" about the mAh of the battery either. The thing I wonder about is how reliable and what quality the battery is in order to fit it in the same package.
Not suggesting they are lying. But I am suggesting they use a different method for deriving the capacity, one that favors them. What motivation would an OEM have to put an under capacity battery in a phone, knowing that battery endurance is probably one of the top three knocks any device gets in reviews and otherwise. I am confident that OEMs do their best to fit the most possible mAh into the backs of their devices. So how can third parties logically trump that by 30-40%. Would like to see a lab performance test. And if an OEM was just being cheap, and looked forward to the bad press for doing so, why wouldn't they offer the same size/higher capacity battery with their branding which would demand a higher price. Think about it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Did the 1750mAh battery last longer? How much?

I had the same battery from Seidio back when I had my Droid Incredible and it seemed like it provided me with a couple extra hours of life compared to the stock battery (which was terrible). It was nice having an extended battery that didn't require a new battery door or make the phone any bigger.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss