Focus S accessories...

oberry

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Well Samsung has a few accessories listed on their site. I am most curious who will make a screen protector first. Zagg, Wrapsol? I think that is the first thing I want.
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe there'll be more available when I'm eligible for the phone later next month. Not a big fan of zagg screens, such a pain to put on large displays. Do you think case-mate or boxwave will make cases? I'm new to the Win Phone scene...always been in ample supply of choices with my iPhone.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. Maybe there'll be more available when I'm eligible for the phone later next month. Not a big fan of zagg screens, such a pain to put on large displays. Do you think case-mate or boxwave will make cases? I'm new to the Win Phone scene...always been in ample supply of choices with my iPhone.

You can count on this device being the flagship, so I am pretty sure most case manufacturers will be making products for it. But they may not be available by next week, will just have to wait and see how long it takes them.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

There won't be as many choices, but there will be fewer, higher quality options. I would assume that the Focus S will have gorilla glass, meaning a screen protector, and even a case for that matter aren't even an issue.

Check out this drop test of a Galaxy S2 (Another Samsung device with gorilla glass):

iPhone 4s vs samsung galaxy s2 drop test - YouTube

Or this scratch test:

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Screen Scratch Test - YouTube

Gorilla glass is one tough cat!

oberry

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both! Arrrgh can't wait! Happy I didn't decide to jump ship prior to this device. I'm upgrade eligible 11/23 so hopefully there'll be some options by then...that said, maybe I won't even need em!

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both! Arrrgh can't wait! Happy I didn't decide to jump ship prior to this device. I'm upgrade eligible 11/23 so hopefully there'll be some options by then...that said, maybe I won't even need em!

I've been sitting on an upgrade since the end of April waiting for new devices! The Focus S can't come sooner!

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard much about this brand. Have you used them before? To be honest, I have never used screen protector and am curious if there is much of a difference between them.

You would be surprised. There is a HUGE difference between screen protectors. The best screen protectors are made by Bodyguardz, in my opinion.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've only use Zagg and loved them. I haven't used a screen protector since the iPhone 3G. I don't drop my phones and if I were to, I'd get it replaced.

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard much about this brand. Have you used them before? To be honest, I have never used screen protector and am curious if there is much of a difference between them.

I am using it on Galaxy Tab 10.1

This is the first brand name screen protector/skin that I've used to I don't know how it compares to the other big names like ZAGG or SGP. Before I bought it, I checked out some comments on a few forums and overall, it seems the response is positive.

here's a video of how to install it:

Skinomi TechSkin: How To Install Your New Screen Protector - YouTube

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
I can't find any cases. This is very annoying. The att store had a million cases for every phone, and zero for this the focus s. I can't imagine that my phone will not get scratched up by the time a case comes out.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried using galaxy s 2 accessories with this phone? Seems to be same screen setup, thinking of buying a gs2 protector from sgp to try.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

dangish

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Gs2 and gs2 skyrocket cases WILL NOT fit the Focus S. Headphone jack is on the opposite side for gs2 and the skyrocket is bigger.

Casemate tough cases are coming out soon. Casemate dropped the ball on these. As did Zagg not having screen protection available.

Last edited:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Gs2 and gs2 skyrocket cases WILL NOT fit the Focus S. Headphone jack is on the opposite side for gs2 and the skyrocket is bigger.

Casemate tough cases are coming out soon. Casemate dropped the ball on these. As did Zagg not having screen protection available.

Yup, I got the Skinomi since they are the only game in town. Shame on Zagg and Wrapsol.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Any thoughts on the screen protectors, understand the cases won't work. I am thinking of going to the ATT store to look at the regular GS2 in more detail to see if the screen protectors will work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett