headphones with controller?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The at&t version of the titan doesn't come with earbuds in the box. I hooked up my beats to them last night, and the controller doesn't work at all. Does anyone have a headset/controller combo they use that works? That is, can pause/play/next track?

Thanks in advance

edit: ok nevermind I'm a dork, I got the beats headset working just fine.

Last edited:

MaximusW

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my Bose MIE2i headphones, but my Titan doesn't recognize the controls. Major bummer.
I'm in the same boat as you. The hunt begins.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The controller on the black cable with the dr dre studio beats works. The controller on the red cable with the on-ear beats works, excepting the volume. I also tried an old iPhone single button earbud controller, it worked as well.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

ChowYunSkinny

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought some a-JAYS Four headphones for my(now wife's) iPhone 4 and they can control play/pause/next but not volume. If I'm not playing music and I hold down the middle button for a few seconds it will bring up TellMe voice control.

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd bet earbuds labeled "For android" would work. If I remember this all right, Apple (as is their trend) decided to switch up the internal 3.5mm connectors for headphone controllers away from the standard. Most phones still use the "standard" but apple basically created a new standard that all headphone manufacturers use. Android and WP7 phones probably both use this older standard, so I would imagine these buds would work. Just a guess. Unfortunately, these are few and far between as well. Unless apple has a patent on it (or I misunderstand the situation), I don't understand why handset makers don't shift over to what has essentially become the new standard.

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
HTC uses the apple pinout for mic and buttons, majority of functions work from iPhone and iPhone approved headsets.

Samsung models use a different pinout. I tried using an old iPhone headset in my Focus and got no pickup on the mic, in my Titan it works great.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia WH-930 headphones have controls that work with the Titan, make calls via the voice controls, forward, rewind tracks. I had to swap my WH-930 headphones for a pair of in ear WH-920 headphones and none of the call controls work. I can control music but not make or answer any calls using the controls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos