Amzer Silicone Case for HTC Radar 4G - My Review

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Product page: Amzer? Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Transparent White For HTC Radar 4G

I just received this case and I like it. It fits the phone well. I've had decent luck with Amzer, who I was previously not at all familiar with. I've purchased two other cases from them for two other phones, making this my third Amzer case. Two out of the three, including this one, fit the phones they were meant for really well.

Looks

This particular case looks pretty high-end for $10. It's a translucent silicone, available in a range of colors (I ordered white), which looks really nice on this particularly good-looking phone.

Fit

The case fits the phone snugly all the way around and doesn't feel loose. Silicone cases that don't fit a phone just right -- those that are too loose and tend to "flare out" along the sides of a phone -- are a real pet peeve of mine; luckily, that's not the case here (no pun intended). Cut-outs for the USB port, audio jack, mic, antenna, speakers, and camera and flash are precise.

Protection

Even though it adds a bit of thickness to the phone, it seems to offer pretty decent protection, which a trade-off I'm willing to live with. While standing up, I intentionally performed two drop tests (yeah, I'm crazy like that) from what I refer to as "normal use height" (I'm 6' tall). I first dropped the phone onto a tile floor, and there was zero damage. The second test was onto asphalt, which left my phone perfectly unscathed.

I also like that the case wraps slightly around the perimeter of the phone's face, which means I can place the phone face-down without worrying about the screen being scratched.

Use

As stated above, the case's cut-outs are precise, so there are no issues connecting stereo jacks or micro USB plugs. Nothing interferes with the camera or its flash, and the cut-outs for the phone's antenna, mic, and speakers allow the phone to operate exactly as well as it does in its birthday suit.

In addition to looking high-end, it also feels high-end; in my opinion, it's neither too "sticky" nor too "slick." It doesn't seem to attract much dirt or dust, and while it slips easily enough into and out of my front pocket, it's not so slick that I can't get a good grip on it.

By my standards (and I'm picky), this is a really nice silicone case for the Radar 4G that I would highly recommend.

Ohgeez10

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your post. I don't like the two options that the Tmobile stores have and this looks like what I've been looking for. I will be ordering the gray one.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if either of you two received your orders and what you think?

Yeah, I got mine in a few days ago. I like it a lot & its a quality case (one of the few for this phone actually).

My only real beef with it is that the sides of the case butt up too close to the edge of the screen. Its not a big deal, but I have noticed that my thumbs sometimes hit the edge of the case when typing any of the letters on the very ends of the keyboard.

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I got mine in a few days ago. I like it a lot & its a quality case (one of the few for this phone actually).

My only real beef with it is that the sides of the case butt up too close to the edge of the screen. Its not a big deal, but I have noticed that my thumbs sometimes hit the edge of the case when typing any of the letters on the very ends of the keyboard.

Yeah, I hadn't really noticed that until sometime after I posted my thoughts. I've thought about taking a exacto knife to it, but I'll probably put that off until it really starts to annoy me. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb