NFC and cases

chadwick611

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So can a person use a cell phone case or one of those gel skins over the phone and still have NFC work? This phone might be dame near bulletproof but I would maybe like some added protection for my new red 920.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
As long as the crap around the camera doesn't scratch easily (900), I won't use a case.

Gonna let you peeps figure it out, so by the time I get mine, I'll know if I need a case or not.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As long as the crap around the camera doesn't scratch easily (900), I won't use a case.

Gonna let you peeps figure it out, so by the time I get mine, I'll know if I need a case or not.

It should not.
Back camera strip is now made of some sort of ceramic material. Buttons will be made from this as well.
You can see it on the hands-on videos and pictures where the material is more grainy and ruff. Not shiny like on the 800 and 900.

Lumia 920 features ceramic camera strip and buttons | nokiagadgets.com

Time will naturally tell how good it actually is, but it can't be any worse what there was previously. Never used case on my N9 or Lumia 800, wont use it on Lumia 920 either.

Frank7919

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

when i got my lumia 900 first thing i did was get a piece of clear scotch tape and cover the whole camera area, then with a razor cut the access off. looks great and no scratches.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So can a person use a cell phone case or one of those gel skins over the phone and still have NFC work? This phone might be dame near bulletproof but I would maybe like some added protection for my new red 920.

Why even bother getting a red phone if you're just going to put it in a case?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Resell value! Actually I find even with the matte the phone is a bit slippery. A 900 with a thin TPU case was the perfect thickness to me.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
why u want a case for the 920.....

Unless I've just been careless with my other phones (I am generally very careful but accidents happen), I'll want at least an impact case and one that will fit in a belt clip. I am also not sure how scratchable the back cover us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon