Tripod Adapter - iStabilizer a bit too small

max2me

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I like creating timelapses (even have an app for that ;)
Today I finally received my iStabilizer tripod adapter from Amazon so that I could plug my Lumia on a DSLR tripod for easier recording (no more cups and other improvised tripods).

Problem is that it's a bit too small. I have to extend it to it's fullest and them jam my lumia in there. It keeps it pretty snugged but dang - if only it would extend few mm more, I'd hate to scratch it by accident.

So I have 2 questions:
- Anyone had any luck adapting this particular tripod adapter for 920?
- Are there alternatives worth looking at? (I have cheap windshield mount and it's just crap.. dont mind paying few bucks more for higher quality).

Thank you.

max2me

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Got a word from their CS - iStabilizer XL will be coming in next couple weeks and it will support Lumia 920 & other bigger phones.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
i bought the Case Star branded version from Amazon, it sells for only $8 shipped with Prime. i believe it's the same as the iStabilizer and it too is a rather tight fit.

WARNING though, my mount's tripod screw piece dislodged itself from the mount. glad it only happened while mounting the unit to a tripod and not while i was doing anything extreme as i might have damaged my phone. the little piece simply pushed right back in but i'm going to need to super glue it back for a secure fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos