Leather Vegan Folio style Wallet/Stand Case

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

This is video review on the Black Vegan Leather Folio Wallet & Case for the Lumia 920. I apologize for the nervousness in my voice as this is the first time I've made such a video. Anyway this was shot on a Samsung Focus S.
The case shipped in a ziplock baggy with a foam insert, the RFID card sleeve, and receipt in a 4x6 bubble wrapped envelop. It took me 3-4 days to ship from Arizona.
WP_001105.jpg

The Good
The case IS AMAZING for the price! The leather feels real and black stitching looks really sharp.
WP_001108.jpgWP_001109.jpgWP_001112.jpg
The stand itself functions well and holds the hefty phone. Before this case, I bought one of those phone holders that you can get from UrbanOutfitters. You know, the ones that look like Gum, a plunger, or a "U" shaped magnet. They were not reliable and could not hold my phone for any long period of time. With this case I can watch movies without fear of the stand buckling. Browsing while in stand mode is a pleasure, albeit it is wobbly at times. Here are some side shots of the stand

WP_001118.jpgWP_001123.jpgWP_001122.jpg

However, I do not recommend trying to do any sort of word processing while in stand mode. You just may push the phone to stand completely vertical and it'll fall and close itself lol.
WP_001116.jpgWP_001124.jpg

The phone case does not obscure flash. First shot is with case, second is without.
WP_20121221_005[1].jpgWP_20121221_008[1].jpg

The Bad
Unfortunately, there are a bit shortcomings to the case. The clasp features a rather weak magnet; it tends to slide a bit with a small touch. It'll always snap to the place though!
WP_001114.jpg
Also, it should be worth noting that case/wallet prides itself on minimalism. Three card slots and a pouch for money. However, don't think that you'll be able to hold a lot of cash in the phone as the money will add considerable bulk. If you think about it, it can't possibly hold too much as the phone itself adds a lot to the profile. Here's a profile view with just 2 cards and a receipt:
WP_001115.jpg

Any large amount of bills, let alone coins, will strain the clasp of the case. Anyways, once NFC payments get adopted, I see the wallet portion of the phone more delegated to holding ID cards, business cards, or pictures of your kids.

Furthermore, like in the video review, when using the phone you expose your money and cards. The phone also gets more bulky, and you find yourself holding the phone while keeping both flaps folded. It can be a nuisance when talking on the phone for awhile.

Conclusion
Overall, I do love the case. It stands out! and its handy, cheap, and feels quality. I do not like the fact that it can't hold a lot of bills, but when going out I know i'll be using this case. This is because it does well on both ends as a wallet and case, so it'll free up my pockets. I just have to remember not to sit on it xD.

ansarwasif

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the same cover. sadly I bought it after my phone fell and ruined the sleekness of the phone.

though the cover is quite durable but I hate it alot. :p took the sexyness of the away.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the same cover. sadly I bought it after my phone fell and ruined the sleekness of the phone.

though the cover is quite durable but I hate it alot. :p took the sexyness of the away.

any case ruins the sleekness of the phone lol. For me I just wanted it for the stand. Hopefully you can find a case on amazon or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb