IMAK Cowboy case for Nokia Lumia 920

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
While the Lumia 920 seems to be a fairly sturdy phone I was still concerned with the stories about the front glass shattering because of its curved designed. I ended up ordering the IMAK Cowboy case on ebay (for 12$) not really expecting anything special. I was pleasantly surprised this morning because the case itself looks pretty good with a white Lumia but more importantly it actually extends a tiny bit above the screen so in case of a fall it's likely that the screen will be at least somewhat protected. I took a few quick pictures so it's easier to understand what I am talking about. Overall, pretty good case. It also comes with a screen protector but I don't plan on using it. A lot of people seem to be looking for good slim cases right now so I thought I would share.

DSC00878.JPGDSC00883.JPGDSC00885.JPGDSC00886.JPGDSC00888.JPGDSC00890.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00878.jpg
    DSC00878.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 24

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice info and pics......thanks for posting. I currently have the white & black Speck case and have considered one of these as well. The wife keeps bugging me that she wants my case so being that I also have a White 920 this looks like a great combo!

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad I could help. I looked at the speck case but it seemed a bit bulky (could have been the pictures). This one really surprised me. Its textured and it was taller on the sides then I expected providing some screen protection.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Man, you know what, I actually kinda like it. Is the material cloth or similar? If so, does it easily slide in and out of your pocket? Also on these types of cases, what stops the case from sliding up or down the phone? Does that make sense?

Also, when you take a picture with the flash on, do you see ghosting in the picture from the case? I had a case with a similar cutout for the flash and it caused that issue.

loco4burritos

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting, just purchased one for myself as well ion ebay. I'm assuming yours came from Hong Kong as mine will be, how long did it take to come in?

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it took about 10 days so not too bad. They actually provided tracking information for the package so that helped put my mind at ease. What color did you end up getting?

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Man, you know what, I actually kinda like it. Is the material cloth or similar? If so, does it easily slide in and out of your pocket? Also on these types of cases, what stops the case from sliding up or down the phone? Does that make sense?

Also, when you take a picture with the flash on, do you see ghosting in the picture from the case? I had a case with a similar cutout for the flash and it caused that issue.

The material is textured plastic...feels a bit like fine grit sandpaper. The case does provide some additional grip but doesn't cling to your clothing when you are getting the phone out. The case actually covers the edges of the phone (by about 1mm) so it doesn't slide around at all and provides some corner protection in case if a drop. The phone feels just as solid with the case as it does without it. I just took a couple of pictures with the flash turned on and I didn't notice any difference in the quality. I am guessing since the case itself is pretty thin and matte it doesn't interfere with the operations of the flash. This actually seems to be a pretty well thought out product...I wouldn't be surprised if it soon shows up in stores under a different brand name and a much higher price tag lol

liaqatali

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
since lumia 920 has a polycarbonate body, do u think using a hard plastic case would cause permanent marks on its body and destroy the Matt finish in particular. I have a Black Matt finish lumia 920 and just ordered this case from AliExpress, waiting for it to be delivered in coming next 2-3 weeks. But I have also ordered a Zagg invisible shield, incase I find that this case would damage the phone's finish.

volk1332

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
since lumia 920 has a polycarbonate body, do u think using a hard plastic case would cause permanent marks on its body and destroy the Matt finish in particular. I have a Black Matt finish lumia 920 and just ordered this case from AliExpress, waiting for it to be delivered in coming next 2-3 weeks. But I have also ordered a Zagg invisible shield, incase I find that this case would damage the phone's finish.

I've never dealt with a matte phone so I can't be sure but I think a hard case shouldn't cause any damage as long as it fits well and doesn't wiggle around.
I have a word of warning to anyone looking at the case. After 3 weeks of use the corners darkened. I think the texture really locks in dirt and is almost impossible to clean. The other possibility is that the corners darkened after the top layer wore off. Either way the case still looks pretty good but I am not sure how bad its going to look if the deterioration continues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium