JBL PlayUp vs Nokia Play 360: Sound Comparison?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to compare the sound quality of the Nokia Play 360 vs. the JBL PlayUp? I tweeted NokiaCareUS, and the rep said the sound quality is the same, but that seems a little hard to believe. What would be the point then of getting the JBL PlayUp over the Nokia Play 360? The PlayUp has half the battery life (10 hrs vs. 20 hrs for the Play 360) and can't be paired with a second speaker for stereo sound (NokiaCareUS said no when I asked), whereas the Play 360 can. Both have NFC and cost the same price. If the sound quality is indeed the same, then the new JBL PlayUp seems like a step backwards. Could the JBL PlayUp's internals be better? Any audiophiles out there care to comment? I'd love to see a sound comparison of these two speakers.

George Potsi

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Nisse, i would like to ask you a question. Is it possible to charge the speaker only with the usb cable

from your computer (without the charger). I plan on having 2 of them to use them as desktop

replacement

Thanks

Cliff Ravelo

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have both. JBL has good sound quality but I think the 360 is more louder and the bass is more lower. With JBL, I noticed that the music volume lowers down a bit on parts where bass is apparent. That never happens on my 360.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Imo the 360 looks more cool and sounds great, not sure how addicted you are to music but the 360 emits sounds from all directions, even if you were to buy 1 and place it on the center of the room it'd sound very cool. Haven't tested JBL but the brand delivers great sound, the downside is that the speaker is huge (compared to 360) and only emits sound from 1 direction.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Imo the 360 looks more cool and sounds great, not sure how addicted you are to music but the 360 emits sounds from all directions, even if you were to buy 1 and place it on the center of the room it'd sound very cool. Haven't tested JBL but the brand delivers great sound, the downside is that the speaker is huge (compared to 360) and only emits sound from 1 direction.

The Jbl has three elements plus a base and allso emits a 360 degree sound.

arkid77

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Both use removable nokia batteries which is great to see. A small but important detail that both these devices have over many other small portable bluetooth speakers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb