Wireless Charging with Wireless Data Transfer Capability

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if our WP8 supports Wireless USB. It's ok for now. But is there any wireless charger out there that can have the wireless data transfer capability when we charge our phone. I think for the wireless charger to work that way, the power source must be drawn from USB port.
It just like when we plug our phone using USB cable to computer, it can charge and transfer data at the same time. So when we put the phone on the wireless charger, we can transfer data wirelessly to our computer as well. Is this thing possible? :grin:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if our WP8 supports Wireless USB. It's ok for now. But is there any wireless charger out there that can have the wireless data transfer capability when we charge our phone. I think for the wireless charger to work that way, the power source must be drawn from USB port.
It just like when we plug our phone using USB cable to computer, it can charge and transfer data at the same time. So when we put the phone on the wireless charger, we can transfer data wirelessly to our computer as well. Is this thing possible? :grin:

WP8 will not do the wireless sync like it did on WP7 (for music). It doesn't need to be plugged/charging in to wireless sync your camera with your SkyDrive though, that happens automatically, as long as you didn't turn that off.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
WP8 will not do the wireless sync like it did on WP7 (for music). It doesn't need to be plugged/charging in to wireless sync your camera with your SkyDrive though, that happens automatically, as long as you didn't turn that off.

Yeah, that WP7 feature will be missed.
The reason I asked for this feature, as I found wireless charging is so much more convenient. So I just thought if this kind of feature would be possible for transferring data. When I put on my phone on the wireless charger, the computer can detect it like when we plug it using USB cable, then we can copy documents, songs, ringtones, or photos to our phone.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that WP7 feature will be missed.
The reason I asked for this feature, as I found wireless charging is so much more convenient. So I just thought if this kind of feature would be possible for transferring data. When I put on my phone on the wireless charger, the computer can detect it like when we plug it using USB cable, then we can copy documents, songs, ringtones, or photos to our phone.

No. They would be two separate connections.

Nothing about the Qi charger would deal with data at all, so YES, your phone COULD connect to your WiFi and thus your computer while it was on a Qi Charger, but it would not be like plugging it into the computer via USB.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No. They would be two separate connections.

Nothing about the Qi charger would deal with data at all, so YES, your phone COULD connect to your WiFi and thus your computer while it was on a Qi Charger, but it would not be like plugging it into the computer via USB.

I just hope that this kind of feature would be incorporated in the future. I find it very convenient for me to have that feature, so I don't need to keep on plugging and unplugging my phone to transfer files to my computer and vice versa.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just hope that this kind of feature would be incorporated in the future. I find it very convenient for me to have that feature, so I don't need to keep on plugging and unplugging my phone to transfer files to my computer and vice versa.

Very much so! It is an incredibly handy feature...and we HAD it in WP7, we just lost it.

Anyway, you have the feature already too if you use SkyDrive. That is the catch 22 to the whole system, the big companies want you on THEIR website, so they are really pushing the cloud storage as a way to get you into their eco system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss