Nokia Lumia 1020 housing replacement

sam_neville

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been meaning to replace the housing of my Lumia 1020, which is why I purchased a replacement shell and a bunch of tools from China via eBay. I also have a .pdf of the disassembly manual and have read it several times. Problem is, I am not sure if it is mandatory to remove and replace all the gaskets and grounding pads from the other parts of the phone. Is it possible to leave them on as I only intend to replace my dented housing?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been meaning to replace the housing of my Lumia 1020, which is why I purchased a replacement shell and a bunch of tools from China via eBay. I also have a .pdf of the disassembly manual and have read it several times. Problem is, I am not sure if it is mandatory to remove and replace all the gaskets and grounding pads from the other parts of the phone. Is it possible to leave them on as I only intend to replace my dented housing?

some housing will come with all the fixings, some won't, so you'll have to transfer over the missing parts.

sam_neville

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
some housing will come with all the fixings, some won't, so you'll have to transfer over the missing parts.

What do you mean? My housing didn't come with gaskets, grounding foams, etc, and I don't know where to get new ones. Is it really mandatory for me to replace the ones on my phone if all I want to do is replace the housing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos