Screen Mirroring with Miracast

Mark Hanley

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 with WP 8.1 DP and have been using Miracast for the past few weeks. I have an older TV that is not Miracast compatible, so I have a Netgear push2tv ptv3000 connected on an HDMI port. This works perfectly, by the way. You have to get into the Settings menu, and then scroll down to find the PROJECT MY SCREEN option, which takes some time. I don't see any way to Pin the Project My Screen button to the Home screen, but maybe I am missing something. Does anyone know of a way to have a Home screen connection for Miracast, or is there another way to access Miracast other than Project My Screen? Thx.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
you could add it to the notifications screen (Settings, Notifications+Actions) and swap out 1 of your 4 icons for it.

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
EZcast is a proper pain in the arse. You need to install there app to set the dongle to 'cast mode', you then have to exit the app, disconnect from the 'EZ' SSID , then enter 'project my phone' via WP settings, all within a 60 second window. I've simplified the steps, but suffice to say, its not a fun experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers