Best Wireless Car Charger for Lumia 950

wishdamume

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I've been skimming the forums, but I haven't found any definitive answer. I love the NFC of the Nokia CR-200, but that I've heard isn't big enough nor consistent. Is there any reliable wireless car charging holder for the 950, with or without NFC?

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a 950, and does it fit in the charger without pressing the buttons?

I have the 950XL. With a rugged case. It barely fits. Charges fine even with the case. Gets barely warm. Happy camper so far in the half day I've had it. It does not press the buttons. Even without a case. You can adjust the height because the bottom brace/bracket is adjustable.

EDIT: Took it for several hr drive. It got kinda hot. Did not charge much. Possibly due to me using Groove. Gonna try using a Usb C cable to charge to test out.

EDIT 2: after more usage of the TYLT qi car chafer, it charges ~4% every 10 minutes. Which would equate to ~3.5 hrs for a full charge from zero. Which is about average with other chargers. The car adapter itself has a Usb port to charge another device via wired Usb cable.

Last edited:

Philip Colmer

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Having bought the Tylt VU last year for use with my 830, I've had to return it after the "sticky" pad that attaches the charger to the car lost its stickiness. The UK distributor is saying that this device is now discontinued so I'm now on the hunt for a new Qi car charger ...

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Any updates? Is the CR-201 still available? My CR-201 lost its stickiness after 3 years of great service. I would still get the CR-201 again and saw off the bottom (like I did for the last one)

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting a CR-200/201 (Wouldn't know which, till it is delivered) from China, off eBay. I know I have to cut the lip off again, but I couldn't find a viable alternative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre