Flory - Facebook

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Anyone successful in getting their Facebook friend list populated in Flory 1.6? It shows that I am connected, but the list never populates. Gtalk is working fine.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Well, I *think* it connected. It said "checking connection" for a very long time, then that message went away with no error messages. No friends list though.

jplayer01

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, it says "Checking connection" for maybe 5 minutes, then it tells me it couldn't connect. Are you switching away from the Facebook login page while it's checking? I noticed that the message disappears if you do (but I doubt it keeps connecting).

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Yep, you're right. I must have navigated away before the message. Just saw a tweet where the developer said that there are facebook bugs and they will fix it. I do like being able to keep gtalk connected when you go to something else on the phone, and getting the toaster and live tile notifications. Very nice.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
saw a post on XDA that to get logged in to facebook, instead of using your facebook user id, use your facebook nickname. This is the name that shows up in your address bar when you are logged in to facebook; www.facebook.com/[nickname].

I tried this, and was logged in successfully on flory, but my friend list still doesn't show up. :)

yuengling440

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get this working and tested multiple chats on Facebook. I was albe to login using my nickname as mention above. I also had to logout of Facebook on my computer and go through some of their promts. It seems that having the server in DE locks up the account and thinks someone is trying to hack in. Once you have allowed the login on Facebook it should start to work. Took about ten minutes before it started working, I think because facebook needed time to allow the connection exception.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Working here too. Question: after logging in to Facebook chat with Flory, and then logging out of chat on Flory, the next time I log onto facebook on my laptop I am logged into chat, even though I don't want to be logged in. Any way to change this in the facebook settings?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had to go to the mail facebook site, then log off there. When I came back, flory was working. I did have to use the log in name stated above.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting toaster and tile notifications for gtalk messages, haven't tested the Facebook side for notifications yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro