Twitter app vs Mobile Twitter

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a twitter app before and I just started using twitter. Is a twitter app really worth it and why? I've tried out BirdSong and moTweet but I'm trying to decide if I should use one of those or just bookmark the mobile website.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a twitter app before and I just started using twitter. Is a twitter app really worth it and why? I've tried out BirdSong and moTweet but I'm trying to decide if I should use one of those or just bookmark the mobile website.

seeing as to how birdsong and moTweets are trying to bring ALL of twitter's features to the phone they don't do a good job of it but it gets the tweeting done more than perfectly. Birdsong is a real good app compared to the rest, but given the simplicity of what Twitter actually is I'm not willing to spend any money at all on an app for it. I'm actually honestly more than satisfied with the official Twitter app. Even that might be hitting the uninstall queue once native Twitter support comes out for WP7. So in reality, its your choice...

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
twitter apps can be useful for things like multiple accts and translating tweets. not sure if you can do that using their site. also i think its easier to just launch the app from the homescreen instead of opening the browser and looking for the link.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
For starters just use the standard Twitter app. Easier than using the browser, always logged in, and free. If you find a need for things like live tiles later there are plenty of quality apps out there.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There are a few pretty good twitter apps that I've tried: birdsong looks very nice but seems a bit slow; twitt2.0 is great, but the lack of customizable columns hurts. I'm not sure what the big deal about moTweets is. It's a good twitter app but has very little of the wp7 metro feel to it. It reminds me more of an iphone app. I've been using rowi lately; pretty awesome app considering it's still considered "beta." It really carries over the metro feel of the wp7 interface, and you can customize the columns like you can in birdsong to really make it slick. Give it a shot.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Birdsong wins. I tweet a lot so the cost was nothing. I believe it's hands down the best twitter app.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
MoTweets and Birdsong are both great, but a larger font size on MoTweets would be nice. I asked the dev and he said it's on the next release.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i have both those being mentioned as well as the official twitter client... the official (free) one does the job and does it pretty darn good, IMO. since i did purchase both, i have deleted the official. i also d/led Beezz (i think it's spelled like this), but deleted it -- it sucked.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Beezz isn't too bad. It does push notications, but only when it good and feels like it. Kinda like some civilians, they work when they good and feel like it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried any other apps besides the official one and I love it. I think it's a lot better than the BlackBerry Twitter app I came from. You can tag your location, check top tweets and it's fast. Only cool thing the BlackBerry client had was you could go crazy with search filters. I was able to search for posts containing wildcards within any number of miles of a given location.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In the end I didn't see much of a reason to spend any money on Birdsong or moTweet. In fact I found moTweet to be exceptionally sluggish and Birdsong not good enough to choose over the official app. Usually it's either to just use the mobile site cause then the browser is already open.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb