Podcast App

mturner7472

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
First off, i'm a new (and so far very happy) wp7 user (HTC Arrive) ... had the Pre, had the Evo, so i'm on my 3rd OS and 3rd form factor ... (and now my 3rd *Central forum site ... love all three)

I've searched a bit on "podcast" or "podcatcher", etc ... the only thing i've found is a quick mention about Bringcast, Podcasts! or Podciever ... or a 2 year old post about a wm6.5 podcast app.

I've now tried all three of the above listed podcast apps and nothing comes close to what i used with webOS (Dr Podder) or Android (Doggcatcher)

I'm not sure this is the appropriate "section" of the forums for this, as it could be part of some OS talk ... as the mobile podcasting through the Zune is what i've been waiting for since owning my Zune 2 years before buying my Pre.

I guess to not make this a rambling post ... does anyone know if there is anything in the works for a polished podcast app ... something that:

-downloads over carrier data connection
-keeps each podcast show seperate from each other
-continuously plays to the next segment after the last one finishes
-marks the previously played segment "complete"
-deletes the segments marked "complete"
-auto updates to find new feeds to the rss

Podcasting built into zune is great. i loved the experience on my standalong zune 80 (and 30 before that), but have been waiting for a more mobilized way to use Zune Podcasting and now i'm SO CLOSE!! ... i don't want to rely on waiting until i get home, sync (although very neatly done over wifi) and then listen to "today's podcasts, tomorrow" ... since i've been able to do that for the last 2 years now.

I think i've read that updates are coming for the built-in Zune Podcast, but i don't want them to just stop at the ability to download over carrier data ... i hope they incorporate some of the things mentioned in the bullets above.

I know Bringcast downloads them, but the UI is very clunky, the other two are great in a pinch, but only stream and if interupted, have to download to the bookmark at 5 or 6 or 12 minutes in to the segment, which can take a while.

From the lack of findings in searching for podcasts in the forums, am i the only dumb dumb using this for podcasts?!? ... :)

thanks for any help or advice ... :)

tersoth

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow a year later and there isn't a single podcast in the marketplace that is half way decent?!?! Does anyone know of a good podcast app? One that has even half of the features the guy above asked for? I need one that has a list of feeds that I can refresh and auto download new content at least. I don't care how much it costs I just need a half-way decent podcast app. Anyone know of one? Or of an upcoming app someone is developing? Every platform I have used has at least one usable app (webOS-dr. podder, android-dogcatcher, iOS-pocketcasts). If I can't fine one soon I might just have to sell my Windows Phone :(

serialtoon

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow a year later and there isn't a single podcast in the marketplace that is half way decent?!?! Does anyone know of a good podcast app? One that has even half of the features the guy above asked for? I need one that has a list of feeds that I can refresh and auto download new content at least. I don't care how much it costs I just need a half-way decent podcast app. Anyone know of one? Or of an upcoming app someone is developing? Every platform I have used has at least one usable app (webOS-dr. podder, android-dogcatcher, iOS-pocketcasts). If I can't fine one soon I might just have to sell my Windows Phone :(

I just got my Lumia 900 from work and it's the sole reason I don't use it. No podcast app that is half way decent. Maybe in another year? Let's keep waiting....and waiting....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss