What's the Best Twitter App?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded rowi and haven't even set it up for live tiles (haven't pinned it), but i am really digging this app. one of my favorite things about it rowi is how i can type the @ and start typing the name of the person and a list of users show. this is the functionality i loved about other twitter apps on other mobile OS.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded rowi and haven't even set it up for live tiles (haven't pinned it), but i am really digging this app. one of my favorite things about it rowi is how i can type the @ and start typing the name of the person and a list of users show. this is the functionality i loved about other twitter apps on other mobile OS.

This.

Now, is they could incorporate hashtags in the same fashion..

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This.

Now, is they could incorporate hashtags in the same fashion..
have you tried requesting this on their forums? i don't use hashtags aside from ones i tend to make up.

follow @rowiapp or just read their time line and you'll see what they told me & ctt1wbw on how to request features.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use Seesmic? It's free and pretty full featured... They updated it a week or two ago with several new features, too. I've only used it a bit, but it seemed similar in quality to Birdsong.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried seesmic a few times, but after a few days of usage, I couldn't send updates. I haven't tried it again in a few weeks.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use Seesmic? It's free and pretty full featured... They updated it a week or two ago with several new features, too. I've only used it a bit, but it seemed similar in quality to Birdsong.

I've been using it since I got my Focus a few months ago. I love Seesmic, and used it on my Android phone as well.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm now a Rowi (free) convert formerly of Beezz. While I liked the live tile count on Beeze, Rowi just seems smoother and remembers where I was in my timeline.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I can't take Rowi. It's got no features, small font, nothing that can hold me. There's so few twitter clients for WP7, it's pathetic.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Having been through all these Twitter clients I can safely say none are as good as the worst iPhone client. The vast majority can't save your place in the time line, most are slow and sluggish, and an issue I have with them all is scrolling. It may be because I am used to an iPhone but almost every scroll down ends me in mentions or the next column to timeline, Why can I not turn of side ways scroll? I was happy with an icon to hit for mentions or messages not scrolling sideways

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Give Twitt a try. Remembers it's place on the timeline, loads fast and easy to read. Not perfect but not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Having been through all these Twitter clients I can safely say none are as good as the worst iPhone client. The vast majority can't save your place in the time line, most are slow and sluggish, and an issue I have with them all is scrolling. It may be because I am used to an iPhone but almost every scroll down ends me in mentions or the next column to timeline, Why can I not turn of side ways scroll? I was happy with an icon to hit for mentions or messages not scrolling sideways

This. Word.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Give Twitt a try. Remembers it's place on the timeline, loads fast and easy to read. Not perfect but not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

I tried Twitt, It like the rest of them OK but not great, in fact they are all basically the same, with none standing out as good.

What I would like in a twitter client is.

Big font
Picture preview in timeline
Client info used to post the tweet
Links hash tags highlighted
Icons for mentions, messages etc
Push
No sideway scrolling.

Its the sideway scrolling that really pisses me off. Do a hard swipe on an iPhone and it will take you to the bottom of the timeline, do a hard swipe on this and you end up in column beside, and even more frustrating is some clients once you go back to the timeline reload and plunk you right back at the start, so if you have made your way half way through the time line can be a major pain in the behind.

I'm at the stage now where its less hassle just to turn on the laptop and use twitter that try and fight with this.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Gotta learn to be more accurate with your hard swipes it sounds like. I never go into other columns when trying to go up/down. That UI flow is a large part of Metro, so you are pretty much stuck with it in most places on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99