The Facebook App sucks.

Vankade

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't ever use the facebook app on WP7, I always use the people hub and if I want to look at pictures, the picture hub I removed the app, I asked my wife the other day the same question if she liked the facebook app I installed for her, she told me she never uses it, she just uses the people hub, but she did say she wishes it refreshes in the background instead of everytime she goes in it loads..
no big deal..

The people hub doesn't show notifications though which is very important, at least for me.

Lately, I've just been using Facebook Mobile to check up on Facebook for any notifications, etc. since it loads faster the the Facebook app.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So they updated the app and added caching for data... Which does provide some improvements but now the performance faults are starting to show... Smoother scrolling is another one of the pain in the a$$es like in many other apps :/

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update too and came here to talk about it. Things seen to load faster, I noticed it's only loading the page you're currently on rather than the page you're on plus the page to the left. I'm actually pretty impressed with this version. All we need is Facebook chat support.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So what saves more cache? 5, 10, or 15 minutes? I'd rather save more cache to reduce loading times... Sometimes I get the feeling that Microsoft intentionally made a sh!tty Facebook app to get people to use the integrated services... I always use the hubs I'll use the app for messaging and poking however. I know Microsoft is capable of writing a much much better Facebook app than that, why would they give us something like this?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
seems to load faster... just reported i didn't notice anything yet on blog. might edit and update that comment if this continues.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The marketplace should have a number on the tile. Go into marketplace and it should say "updates" at the bottom. I personally haven't noticed any improvements.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The marketplace should have a number on the tile. Go into marketplace and it should say "updates" at the bottom. I personally haven't noticed any improvements.

Its just not updating for me. I have opened the market even searched Facebook opened the app at the bottom no choice to update just says share. Could it be because I am on WIFI? I'm going to turn it off and see.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok. After playing with it for a few minutes. Its definitely faster. Averry will be pleased.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Finally got the update notice, turning off WIFI didn't help resetting didn't help. I plugged in to my PC to sync some song with Zune after a few minutes the update notice showed up (number on Market Live Tile) updating now.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, the biggest thing I appreciate, is that, at least for me, the default swipe to the right is most recent, instead of "top news".

I mean, top news is good if you don't check it every 20 minutes just to kill time. It is better, but the app is definitely jumpier compared to experiences other places of the phone. It can still use alot of optimization.

I really could go without the "photos" on the main landscape menu. I don't know why I need to see random albums selected from my friends right there. It makes sense to be there in the news feed, but not the home screen/homescape or whatever you'd call it.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well for me anyway like the Twitter clients its a dog to use. I use the people hub mostly but it doesn't show notifications, but then in the facebook app I can't open notifications anyway, I click the icon on top right and nothing.

Scrolling again is another issue, its slow sluggish and if you rush it you end up in the row beside.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i too have slow problems with the WM7 FB app. im gonna try the m.facebook one and use the people hub more often, lets see what others are talking about

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05