20,000 Apps

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i prefer quality over quantity, honestly. there aren't many apps at this point that i need that aren't already on the marketplace. i'm pretty satisfied.

i wanted an ESPN app, even went so far as to email them and ask about it. they said they had no plans at that time to develop an app for wp7, which was disappointing. a few weeks later, voila! there it is on the marketplace. i was pretty stoked.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if a mathematically minded person could create an algorithm that shows number of apps at which the breaking point is reached and quality begins to fail.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I want quantity (not saying over quality)... it usually leads to quality. So if I have 20,000 apps, I'm sure I can get 100+ quality apps. The ratio sucks, but if you have 100 twitter apps, each dev is fighting to make theirs the client to go with.

flyeaglesfly

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I want quantity (not saying over quality)... it usually leads to quality. So if I have 20,000 apps, I'm sure I can get 100+ quality apps. The ratio sucks, but if you have 100 twitter apps, each dev is fighting to make theirs the client to go with.

good point, agreed

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If 300k apps will attract some dumb asses to WP7 then I am ok with that. But the problem is with 800 apps a day being added and maybe only 10 worth looking at, they will most likely get lost in the quagmire. Sometimes I can type a keyword and search for an app, like tasks or notes, but half of my apps were discovered by me checking new entries every day and finding something interesting. Current rating system and search both suck, s if no one has ever left a comment for an app, it is basically dead. And if you call your app something cute without including; task, note, URL, TV, or something else in the title, a search is not likely to find it. Sure, you can check out this site and others for "diamonds in the rough" but how do you think they find these apps. Same way or maybe through a dev. I suggest they create a new category called spam and put all the crap in there so Microsoft gets their counts (for the dumbasses who measure success by apps), but I can filter out to find the good stuff.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
They way I look for newer stuff is through a RSS feed for new apps. Sure there is a lot of trash to sort through but every once and awhile you find a gem.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I sure don't see 100 quality apps. But I didn't have more than 15 apps on my iphone4 nor will I see myself having more than 10 or 15 on my Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I sure don't see 100 quality apps. But I didn't have more than 15 apps on my iphone4 nor will I see myself having more than 10 or 15 on my Focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
Dang, 10 or 15. I had that the first day. Running about 160 apps/games today, plus another 60-70 that I have tried and removed. There is a lot of interesting stuff out there, most free or 0.99. Always had a bunch of apps on my Pocket PC's and WinMo phones. Been pretty impressed with the quality thus far, and the developers have been great at responding to requests and issues.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not running 100 apps, but I'm sure I'd be able to find over 100 quality apps.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 via Board Express

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that MS did change the policy that apps had to (paraphrasing here) serve some useful purpose, the number of fart apps I am seeing in the recently added list has went to zero.

Then we go to the insane, things like the I AM Rich app that only seems to be $499 because the developer is trying to see how incredibly stupid the rich really are.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that MS did change the policy that apps had to (paraphrasing here) serve some useful purpose, the number of fart apps I am seeing in the recently added list has went to zero.

Then we go to the insane, things like the I AM Rich app that only seems to be $499 because the developer is trying to see how incredibly stupid the rich really are.
i remember when it first came out on iOS @ $1000 and I believe 6 or 7 bought it. I know at least one was by mistake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos