*sigh*, i always find these things depressing

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
as much as i enjoy my focus and as much as ive looked into the 7.5 release and all the crazy awesomeness it attempts to aspire to in the near future, im constantly reminded of its lacking capabilities

just now, reading IGN, i saw this ( Final Fantasy Tactics iPhone -- The Basics - iPhone Preview at IGN ) and i thought, "good god", id easily pay 15$ to play tactics into the ground again , especially on the move, but , alas, apple and google shall seal the deal with square enix once again, and microsoft probably wont even look that way

perhaps im simply being too negative, in fact , i know i am, but still , it is a tad depressing

but windows phone is a young OS and perhaps after 7.5 kicks in and the second generation hardware is released, and the developers become more interested in it, what little its lacking will come about soon enough

but, enough prattle, long story short, i am dissapointed by the lack of games and the never-to-be state of emulators(though theres not much to be done about that one, save for homebrew) at the moment though i hope that in the near future the exact opposite will be true and i can be optimistic

so, what is the general consensus on gamings current state, considering its youth in the market, and what hopes do others have for its eventual form???

p.s. microsoft, please, square enix offices, GO, NOW!!!, or at least get something using an unreal derivative in the works, its not like you have a good relationship with EPIC or anything

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
So far I've been impressed by the games that HAVE made it to WP7. I'm almost done with Plants Vs. Zombies. I actually like it better than Angry Birds and I really like Angry Birds...

Hydro Thunder is cool. GeoDefense is awesome.

No, not everything is coming to WP7, but some strategically cool things are and have. 7.5 will open up the door for developers to do much more.

My number 1 loss in moving from Palm Pre was Dr. Podder and Stitcher. Well that's 2, BUT they go together like little Japanese vehicles that form up to make a bigger vehicle for some reason. The category I miss is 3rd party podcast apps. Having to use the PC for podcasts AT ALL is a fail. The background tasks coming with 7.5 will make it possible for podcast apps to work the way they should: download in the background when I have wi-fi or stream over the air if necessary.

All things considered I really like my phone, and have improving hopes for its success.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So far I've been impressed by the games that HAVE made it to WP7. I'm almost done with Plants Vs. Zombies. I actually like it better than Angry Birds and I really like Angry Birds...

No, not everything is coming to WP7, but some strategically cool things are and have. 7.5 will open up the door for developers to do much more.

My number 1 loss in moving from Palm Pre was Dr. Podder and Stitcher. Well that's 2, BUT they go together like little Japanese vehicles that form up to make a bigger vehicle for some reason. The category I miss is 3rd party podcast apps. Having to use the PC for podcasts AT ALL is a fail. The background tasks coming with 7.5 will make it possible for podcast apps to work the way they should: download in the background when I have wi-fi or stream over the air if necessary.

All things considered I really like my phone, and have improving hopes for its success.

have you seen the PODCAST app in the marketplace? it is fantastic and has podacasts from twit.tv, smodcast, IGN, leo laporte, mobile nations, and every other worthy podcast under the sun. and they are all updated regularly. plus it streams right through the zune media player, awesome app!!!

as far as the games go, i deeply miss the emulators as well, especially the nesoid and snesoid... =( ... but i dont miss force closes, random reboots, and crazy lag because 20 apps are running in the background! please be patient and i am certain this amazing OS will be epic! xbox live integration is going to make the games on this alone far superior!

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

true, true, well said, the 7.5 iteration has a lot of potential

and like dizzymaker said, i want to say theres a decent podcast app in the marketplace, which you may have tried and found to be sub-par

and as you said, they admitted to upping the podcast capabilities in 7.5, so, thatll be taken care of in the least, though i use them so seldom

and you know, i remember playing hydro thunder in the arcade long, long ago, which was always pretty awesome, but this last decade ive drifted away from 99% of racing games, for some reason , i just no longer find then enjoyable, aside from burnout, of course

have you seen the PODCAST app in the marketplace? it is fantastic and has podacasts from twit.tv, smodcast, IGN, leo laporte, mobile nations, and every other worthy podcast under the sun. and they are all updated regularly. plus it streams right through the zune media player, awesome app!!!

as far as the games go, i deeply miss the emulators as well, especially the nesoid and snesoid... =( ... but i dont miss force closes, random reboots, and crazy lag because 20 apps are running in the background! please be patient and i am certain this amazing OS will be epic! xbox live integration is going to make the games on this alone far superior!

true, whilst playing i noticed a lack of random crashes being in abundance, though ive been using the focus for nearly a year now and ive only used other devices for hours at most combined, but even then , i miss the emulators, so

there would appear to be mention of xbox live party integration, at least partially, which i hope means the combination of call in party chat, should that appear in any semblance at all, it will definately be an impressive mark

im fairly happy with the xbox integration, its just the games, eh, but then it hasnt been years and years

the apps will come i suppose

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well MS got a deal for the LAST final Fantasy on Xbox ( witch i loved ) so don?t rule it out yet. let the IOS version get ruined and a better update come out later for WP ;) lol

Im actually pretty happy with the games quality they been rolling out. ( hydro thunder , sonic (freaking awesome classic :D:D:D ) , Enigmo,ilimilo ,the harvest , all these games are as good if not better quality then the IOS games..

don?t blame wp7 , blame the DEV for rushing out apps in quantity over quality. ( stupid but that?s what?s happening )

+ if you have an Xbox for achievement and they MAYBE cross platform 360 to wp7 ...

just with what i said i would never go to a IOS

, my friend would argue that IIOS can play scrabble with 4 Iphones and a Tablet as the main bored and blah blah BS ,

MS = xbox+pc+wp7+tablet
apple = Tablet+iphone ,

so gaming wise , MS has WAAAAAAAAAAAy more potential . only people scaring me now is SONY with the PSP phones.

Zeidricht

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
well MS got a deal for the LAST final Fantasy on Xbox ( witch i loved ) so don?t rule it out yet. let the IOS version get ruined and a better update come out later for WP ;) lol

Im actually pretty happy with the games quality they been rolling out. ( hydro thunder , sonic (freaking awesome classic :D:D:D ) , Enigmo,ilimilo ,the harvest , all these games are as good if not better quality then the IOS games..

don?t blame wp7 , blame the DEV for rushing out apps in quantity over quality. ( stupid but that?s what?s happening )

+ if you have an Xbox for achievement and they MAYBE cross platform 360 to wp7 ...

just with what i said i would never go to a IOS

, my friend would argue that IIOS can play scrabble with 4 Iphones and a Tablet as the main bored and blah blah BS ,

MS = xbox+pc+wp7+tablet
apple = Tablet+iphone ,

so gaming wise , MS has WAAAAAAAAAAAy more potential . only people scaring me now is SONY with the PSP phones.

while that is true, and i did sink 100 or so hours into 13, and it was somewhat enjoyable, it was also an incredibly painful and at times horrifying experience, though thats personal opinion, moreso, i suppose

it did take apple a year or two to get with square to release ff1, so i imagine that if microsoft gets around to doing the same(hopefully), itll be about the same timeframe

on that note, it is impossible to ruin Tactics, as it is simply too great of a game, regardless of system, and if i can find someone with it, ill ask if i can test it out to see how the port transcribed and all, but ill still hope for a 7.5 release somewhere down the line

the two or three games ive played so far have been enjoyable enough, although a bit costly, likely thanks to the achievement support, but, its whatever

as far as quantity of quality, that is true in some cases, but in others id imagine the opposite, and i can see why

most developers would probably rather release 2 1$ mediocre apps, then 1 awesome 1$ app simply because its a good strategy to saturate the market and for them to get money early on in the infancy of the marketplace, though their is a lot of high caliber stuff out that which i didnt mind paying for and would probably pay for again, sadly none of them were games

also, if microsoft can truly implement asyncronous multiplayer capabilites, party chat support and combined lobbies for their multiple systems, then, they have a lot on their plate

Id say the most dissapointing game i played a lot was encore of the night, and i didnt hate it, per se, i was just mad that it wasnt a platformer and that there was no inverted castle(curse you, gameloft)

other than that, im fairly content , though a tad pessimistic about the present, and excited , but wary of the release of version 7.5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss