Facebook tile notification won't disappear

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Samsung Focus and while I'm loving WP7, I'm a bit frustrated by the Facebook app. For the first few minutes it worked fine...but then I got a notification, checked it, commented on the post, and went back to the WP7 homescreen. But, the red circle with the "1" on the tile won't disappear. I've tried logging out and in again and removing the tile and putting it back...nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Mike

Bradley Erickson

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my Samsung Focus and while I'm loving WP7, I'm a bit frustrated by the Facebook app. For the first few minutes it worked fine...but then I got a notification, checked it, commented on the post, and went back to the WP7 homescreen. But, the red circle with the "1" on the tile won't disappear. I've tried logging out and in again and removing the tile and putting it back...nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Mike
I am having the same problem with a HTC Trophy.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my Focus anymore, but I remember the notification went away.. eventually. That delay seemed to be the story up til I started just using the People hub instead.

I get my Radar 4G tomorrow so we'll see if it's gotten any better...

Bell040

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Focus. Its at 5 notifications now... It will increment, but then it never goes down.

Harriet03

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled and re-installed and it went away. :)

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I had luck by actually keeping tile and toast notifications on and just waiting it out. Removing the tile and repinning didn't ever help ad uninstalling seems rather drastic:(

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
They also need to change the color of the notification number. Probably to the phone theme color. The red is too much like the iPhone app.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Facebook app. Always buggy no matter what OS you use. With WP you are better off using the people hub. I don't even have the Facebook app installed.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you dannejanne. The people hub is a much better tool for staying in touch with contacs on social media. But, the Facebook app offers a lot of things the people hub does not: pages, groups, events, etc.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the live tile. I've pinned my Me card to start instead, and I think that gives me enough activity notifications, plus quick access when making status updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb