Starbucks App

Zucco27

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I love my Windows phone and the only thing that I miss about my Iphone is the Starbucks App. I started a vote on the Starbucks website. Help out and let them know that you want a Starbucks App on Windows Phone! click on "view idea" and vote!

View Idea

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
are you in Canada? .. starbucks is over rated , get a Tim Hortons app :D

*where`s my timmy* lol i LOVE IT!!

if your not in Canada ill support you just to be nice , but if you are...........

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
What's the Starbucks app do on the iPhone? I go there atleast once a week so I wouldn't mind an app.
It allows you to use the screen as a bar code for your Starbucks card as well as refill said card, plus find stores, etc. It's on Android too and pretty popular.

I don't see why a 3rd party couldn't make it though, they did for Android and it's considered better than the official (unofficial supports multiple cards/accounts).

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ohh that's pretty awesome. So you wouldn't need to keep a card in your wallet all the time. I'd probably use an app like that if they had one.

Kind of off topic, but has anyone noticed that starbucks.com is very Metro-UI inspired? Solid colors, capital letters for menu items, very clean, good use of whitespace. It's like Microsoft built the site for them.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I've never bothered to check, but Starbucks must have photo scanners in order for the Starbucks apps to work. I've used apps which generated barcodes between Android and Windows Phone on a handful of devices and they've never worked. In each case, the scanners used lasers to read the barcode. A photo scanner would take an image of the barcode (likely in black and white) and read the image.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Key Ring and StarCards allow you to use Starbucks cards. Im not sure if its the same type of card you want. I can't test because I don't have a Starbucks card.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I just voted as well. Including mine, it has 950 votes. I see some other ideas with 20K+ still pending. So not sure how many it needs for them to consider.
I haven't bought my first WP7 device yet. But i thought i should support my future ecosystem even before i dive in.

Starbucks Finder

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I love my Windows phone and the only thing that I miss about my Iphone is the Starbucks App. I started a vote on the Starbucks website. Help out and let them know that you want a Starbucks App on Windows Phone! click on "view idea" and vote!

View Idea

Starbucks Finder app hits Windows Phone marketplace! 4.5 stars http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/e98d574c-74c9-424e-a9a2-b111a37ba3d6

Find your closest, open Starbucks stores and pay with your phone.

Store Locator:
At a glance, see a list of nearby Starbucks locations and whether they are open or closed based on color. View store details for each location (such as drive through or store type) and get one-click directions to the Starbucks of your choice. You can browse the nearest stores on a map. Green pushpins are stores that are currently open. Gray pushpins are stores that are currently closed. Most importantly, with Starbucks Finder you will never again make a trek to Starbucks, only to find yourself left in the cold, peering longingly through the locked door of a recently closed store. If a Starbucks is closing soon, Starbucks Finder shows you how many minutes you have left to get there.

Mobile payment: Pay with your phone!
You can conveniently pay for your favorite Starbucks drink with your phone. Just add your Starbucks card to the app and your barcode is ready to scan! The app supports multiple Starbucks cards. We take security extremely seriously. Your Starbucks card is stored locally on your phone and your card information is never transmitted over the internet.

Full list of features:
• Mobile payment – add your Starbucks card to pay with your phone
• Supports multiple Starbucks cards
• Lists Starbucks stores near you anywhere in the world
• Embraces metro design principles
• Closed stores appear grayed-out
• Map view of nearby stores
• One-click directions
• Distance displayed in either miles or kilometers
• Store information:
- Store type (company owned or licensed)
- Drive-through
- Wireless access
- Oven warmed food
- Clover brew coffee machine
- Address
- Phone number
- Hours for full week

We share the love for Starbucks and Windows Phone, so we decided to build an app ourselves. It is free. We are currently looking into adding a few other features like barcode integration.

Hope you all check it out! Download Starbucks Finder on Windows Phone 7 Marketplace:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/e98d574c-74c9-424e-a9a2-b111a37ba3d6

Last edited:

denhamsolutions

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Starbucks Card - First free Starbucks payment app

Starbucks Card is now available in the marketplace. The first FREE Windows Phone 7 app that allows you to make payments at Starbucks stores. You only need to enter the card number and security code. The cards you enter do not have to be registered online but if you want to collect Starbucks rewards you should register your card directly at Starbucks website.

Starbucks Card has the following features.
  • Enter multiple cards with custom names
  • Check card balances
  • Pay for purchases
  • Search for store locations
  • Order notepadGive
Try it a try for free!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK, wishing for an officail app from SB... I am always leary of third party apps that mess with financials.

Has anyone had any issues with using these 3rd party SB apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire