Mango App madness....

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a question to ask. Wasn't it said that once an app was update for mango, that it couldn't be duplicated to work with NoDo? So does this mean that apps that's been update to Mango, will no longer be able to send out updates to NoDo phones that have the app already loaded.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I read that somewhere too 1jaxstate1, all our NoDo apps will be stuck on old versions if a Mango version has been released.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just commented on Mobility Digest about this too, as TheWeeBear said, once a Mango app is released the NoDo app is frozen. Where this becomes an issue is when an app breaks through no fault of its own (such as a twitter app breaking due to a API change etc). Then the end users are stuck with a broken app and developers that can do nothing to rectify the issue.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
wait .. does this mean i have to RE-BUY the app??? or just re-downlaod it??

but dint they say they where adding DLC with mango? ( like getting mroe levels ect....) thus allowing DEV to also push us the MANGO vershion of the app??

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
OK, I thought I had seen this. This a reason why I think "Mango" will be released sooner than later. Seeing as most of WP7 users are on NoDo.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
OK, I thought I had seen this. This a reason why I think "Mango" will be released sooner than later. Seeing as most of WP7 users are on NoDo.
Yes, just the silly ones that are on Mango 1jaxstate1. (Getting my coat for a sharp exit)......

(Still not a bit of bitterness) :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well at least i won't have to start from the beginning for a 5th time. :)

bird.jpg

Dunno why i'm so bothered anyway, i'm bigger than they are heh! :)

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
its an ok game , i played VIXIN N PIXEN so i dint even bother with angry birds.

PS , i love does pics of your avatar you always make .. liked the mango one yesterday too . HAHA freakign awsome...

your boss at work must not like you much huh? 91 post+ photoshop time.. HAHA thought i was bad..

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
wait .. does this mean i have to RE-BUY the app??? or just re-downlaod it??

but dint they say they where adding DLC with mango? ( like getting mroe levels ect....) thus allowing DEV to also push us the MANGO vershion of the app??

I blieve that you just can redownlaod that particular app.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
its an ok game , i played VIXIN N PIXEN so i dint even bother with angry birds.

PS , i love does pics of your avatar you always make .. liked the mango one yesterday too . HAHA freakign awsome...

your boss at work must not like you much huh? 91 post+ photoshop time.. HAHA thought i was bad..
I know, i think that counter must be faulty, there's no way I post that much, everyone must be sick of my rubbish by now LOL

I was pleased with the mango piccy too, it came out not too bad. (Unlike the real Mango grrrr) :(

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
i never got that game , played one lvl on my buds iphone and I was instantly bored. lol

I havent downloaded the free trial I played it on b-i-l's ipod touch and an Ipad. Its fun but .. Apparently its a productivity killer in the workplace causing an estimated 1.5 billion in lost time at jobs worldwide!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro