Marketplace has not yet updated since mango.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Marketplace has not yet updated since mango for me.

Is this normal? I turn off and on my phone almost a couple of times everyday since mango hoping the marketplace will give me updates.

I have lots of apps in my phone that I know have a new version in marketplace.

I know I can upgrade one by one manually, which I did for several of them. But there's no way I go through all of the apps one by one..

Is there anyway to force marketplace to check updates?

Also have you guys tried the new web marketplace? I tried to install from there, but get error message "Can't Get Apps" and told me that it is only for new version of windows phone. Which I already have (mango).

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it has anything to do with when you are "supposed" to get Mango from your carrier. I did the trick and forced the Mango update. It took my phone about 2 days and then boom, I had 15 app updates. I did power cycle my phone a couple of time during those 2 days. You can manually update each app by searching for it (sometimes you have to hit back and then select the app again for the update button to show).

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it has anything to do with when you are "supposed" to get Mango from your carrier. I did the trick and forced the Mango update. It took my phone about 2 days and then boom, I had 15 app updates. I did power cycle my phone a couple of time during those 2 days. You can manually update each app by searching for it (sometimes you have to hit back and then select the app again for the update button to show).

Yes. I did exactly the same thing with you.
I power cycled a couple of times almost everyday since mango
I have lots of apps which I'm sure have been updated. But still my Marketplace is not showing new updates. Today included.

Yes I can go to each App (which I did for some) and update manually. But I don't feel like doing that for each app.

I also did the force trick to mango. Is that why?

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I did exactly the same thing with you.
I power cycled a couple of times almost everyday since mango
I have lots of apps which I'm sure have been updated. But still my Marketplace is not showing new updates. Today included.

Yes I can go to each App (which I did for some) and update manually. But I don't feel like doing that for each app.

I also did the force trick to mango. Is that why?

GOT IT.

Today finally my Marketplace shows I have 32 updates. whew..
It's been more than a week, and countless power cycles...

But all is good... The main thing is that I know the updates check still works,
I was kind of worried that it will never show further update.

So, sorry for the false alarm... Thanks

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
GOT IT.

Today finally my Marketplace shows I have 32 updates. whew..
It's been more than a week, and countless power cycles...

But all is good... The main thing is that I know the updates check still works,
I was kind of worried that it will never show further update.

So, sorry for the false alarm... Thanks

Hahaha, glad you got the updates. I thought that maybe this was a bug in mango or my phone (gasp!), but was relieved after I saw the updates finally pop up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes