4th&mayor: disappearing tiles

warpdesign

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Mango. While using 4th&Mayor i noticed that after having added a new tile for a Foursquare place on the start screen, restarting the phone would make the tile simply disappear from the start screen (a blank space appears instead of the tile). If I return back to 4th&mayer and try to pin again the same place, it won't work. I can pin another place, but the same problem appears when restarting the phone.

I tried reinstalling the app but the problem is still there.

Anyone noticed the same problem ?

I'm running Mango (official release version) on a Samsung Omnia 7.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

I downloaded the app to give it a try for you warpdesign and pinned a place to the home screen.

Turned off the phone, rebooted and same as you, the tile isn't there.

It does let me repin it though, but the tile is gone on a reboot.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
hmm... i tried it too on my HTC HD7
Pinned a location, then rebooted. The tile is gone !
afer trying to re-pin it, it didnt work.
I tried to pin another place, and the app crashed.
I sent an error report to the developers, and i suggest you do the same. mybe they'll fix it soon

warpdesign

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got an answer from the app's authors: according to them this is a WP bug. I asked them if they were working on a workaround, no answer so far.

Meanwhile, the latest update of the official Foursquare app now supports places tiles ;)

anon(5325934)

Mar 24, 2011
www.jeff.wilcox.name
Hey folks,
This is a bug in the Microsoft application platform and unfortunately wasn't fixed for Mango.

However, sometimes the pinned icons come back after an app update, and other strange circumstances.

I've investigated, but as of v2.9, I allow you to re-pin places that have disappeared (there was a bug in 2.7 that didn't permit that).

Hope it gets better with an eventual bug fix from MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro