When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

TY
    10-12-2011 02:27 AM
    Not that I know of, no. I would email Square and see if they are planning to migrate it over.
    10-12-2011 03:49 PM
    ok ty
    10-12-2011 04:16 PM
    You'll see some stuff eventually either with card readers or NFC, but it may be early next year before any of them are released.
    10-12-2011 04:20 PM
    As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

1-Navigation-all day
    2-Credit card payments-all day
    3-Answering phone-all day
    4-Music player-at gym
    5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
    If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.
    10-13-2011 10:26 AM
    When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

TY
    actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.
    10-13-2011 12:03 PM
    As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

1-Navigation-all day
    2-Credit card payments-all day
    3-Answering phone-all day
    4-Music player-at gym
    5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
    If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.
    Ok , you can alredy do every thing u said... whats the problem? you battery doesnt last all day? get a car charger.
    10-13-2011 12:04 PM
    actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.
    And they aren't SquareUp which is by far the most popular. It's a big deal for many small merchants who have switched from a standard processor to SquareUp.

No way to take payments on the go for us right now.
    04-25-2012 02:08 PM
    I'd like to see this too. The Intuit gopayment app is available but the reader does not work on my Focus Flash. I hope we can get the SquareUp app and reader for WP7.5 eventually.
    04-26-2012 03:11 PM
    I use an iPod touch for Square payments at my place. That way I can still take CC's with my WP in tow.
    Apoc likes this.
    04-26-2012 03:43 PM
    I use an iPod touch for Square payments at my place. That way I can still take CC's with my WP in tow.
    Good advice and option!
    04-27-2012 05:12 PM

TY
    Intuit Go payment reader is available and works great i use it all the time. Square is coming soon
    08-22-2012 12:37 PM
    CC reader apps
    -Intuit GoPayment
    -Credit Card Machine
    -Aircharge
    -My Merchant
    -Credit Card Terminal
    -Payment Max

*As stated before, Square is planning an app, once WP8 is released.
    08-22-2012 02:30 PM
    Remember back when MS was doing the Zune Insider and WP podcasts? I think I remember an episode where a lady, maybe a hair stylist, was using her phone to accept CC payments, along with everything else her WP helped her do in her small business.
    08-22-2012 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD