WP7 App deficiencies, what is needed?

DogEarsAZ

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got into the WP7 universe and I'm starting to play around with the WP7 dev tools now. I'm a .Net developer by trade so I'm pretty excited to start creating things using the tools I know and love.

So what is really missing out there at the moment? Any glaring omissions at this point? I notice there is very little Google+ stuff among other things and while I won't likely take on anything massively ambitious for my first run through I wanted to get some ideas to start planning, etc.

So if you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes to list out what's really needed and where some of the holes might be, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
A better Google Voice app. I'm not sure if the Mango update for the dev tools can help in that regard, but I'd have to think there is something better out there...

nesl247

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
A better Google Voice app. I'm not sure if the Mango update for the dev tools can help in that regard, but I'd have to think there is something better out there...

This is definitely what is sorely missing. There is really only one decent google voice app, and that's GoVoice. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's still being actively developed, and has no mango features. It's extremely slow to get in and do anything. This would be something I can see paying $5-$10 for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss