app stores with wp7 apps

marryellen12

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I want to know from where can I download apps for my HTC except Marketplace? Do you know any other places? Small independent appstores?
I know that Android has a lot of places from where people can load apps except AM.. Handster, Opera Mobile Store, GetJar and so on.. Why Windows Phone doesn't have such opportunity? Does Microsoft really has exclusive rights for distributing applications for wp7, is that so?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Only the official Marketplace marryellen12. :)

(Less chance of malware is a bonus point)

marryellen12

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
TheWeeBear, I didn't find any official announcement from Microsoft about that.. as App Store did J
Did you see anything like that? I can't find any info..

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome marryellen12. While i've had no desire to unlock my phone, you can browse through the Software & Development / Hacking forum and see what you can find in there.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/software-development-hacking/

There's some good Home Brew apps you can get, but I find plenty official apps to be getting on with. :)

Is there any particular reason you want to install unofficial apps ? Something specific ? (Just Curious) :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And is unlocking the device very dangerous? can it be harmful for the phone?
Basic unlocking (Dev or Chevron), along with the homebrew apps you can install, is pretty safe as rh apps can't make any changes to your system. The InterOP unlock allows apps to modify your registry, which can make your device unstable.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)