Bing Maps vs Google Maps

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Whats the deal with the two?

I haven't downloaded Google Maps yet but I just want to know if there's really such a big difference between Google and Bing. I mean, its just a map with my location on it, isn't it?

SanityFM

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Depends on functionality I guess. On the websites. Bing finds UK post codes that google doesnt find, and Google has street view, which I find invaluable. We have seen Bing camara vans in the UK though so I guess it will come.

Whether these features carry over to the app I dont know.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just don't like the Bing Maps interface - purely a personal taste thing, but the whole default satellite at full zoom view makes it harder to read to me.

Thankfully I now have Nokia Maps/Nokia Drive, which is really nice, so not an issue.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
they both have their pros and cons.

personally i like BING better , out of the last 4 times i went on the road with my G-f ( she uses a Android phone ) we always ended up throwing her phone in the back seat and switching to BING on my WP . lol.

as for traffic , i live in Montreal, Canada i have traffic on my phone... and it works better then Google traffic cause it has more LEVELS of traffics...

Google ahs 3 , Bing has 4. BING gaves me a green, yellow , red, and black ... Google just give you green , yellow and red.

so bing actually ahs a better specification when it it comes to traffic. ( Google gives me a red line so I think its bad…. I look on bing its black so I know its HORRIBLE!! Lol ( I use it every night omw home from work , that way I know to take side streets )

as for street view , i find it more annoying then anything cause it always takes 5min to load. lol .

flash_focus

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Bing gives me the faster way to were I'm going, googles fastest was a two hour difference from Bing

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have both traffic and aerial of view, and I am in MA. And speaking of aerial view, I better go outside and see if someone stole my shed. I don't see it on the map. :D

tc4101

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
google maps rips all over bing maps.

its integrations with navigation/google search/maps/sendling location via sms is seamless.

i give google 9/10

bing 4/10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster