Why is there no Pandora for Windows Phone?

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
How come Pandora will not release a WP app? It is much needed.

BTW Pandora website works on mango. But it is sluggish and so hard to use.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
My guess would be its a conflict of interest. If windows allows Pandora then people would be more included to drop the Zune pass.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Complaining to the wrong place about the lack of Pandora. I don't get y people are so stuck on this anyway when there are so many alternatives such as Spotify, Last.Fm ,slacker radio AND Zune smartDJ (which is built in by the way and not on any other platform).

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Complaining to the wrong place about the lack of Pandora. I don't get y people are so stuck on this anyway when there are so many alternatives such as Spotify, Last.Fm ,slacker radio AND Zune smartDJ (which is built in by the way and not on any other platform).

Pandora cannot be beaten at what it does. There is a reason why so many people use it over all the alternatives.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It is weird that there isnt a Pandora App. Pandora has Apps on TV's, TV streaming boxes, car stereo integration, etc... They are on everything!

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I use Pandora when I'm listening to Ambient-type music while working (music for which Pandora's method of analyzing the actual music is far superior to other places that just group artists together), but because I got a windows phone (and because my office network blocks pandora) I've had to switch to slacker. The app is great, but at least for my ambient music I'd still love to have Pandora on the Windows Phone.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So, I know Apple originally paid Pandora to not produce an app for Windows Mobile, a few years back when the iPhone came out. Not sure if that was a general agreement, or if it was just for a few years, etc. Just saying, Pandora was never on Windows Mobile because Apple paid for it to not be; not saying that is why it is NOT on Windows Phone, but it is possible.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pandora app on my Touch Pro. It was made for qVGA so it's ugly as **** (and the bitrate is terrible) but it does work.

sin_nombre773

Banned
Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I know Apple originally paid Pandora to not produce an app for Windows Mobile, a few years back when the iPhone came out. Not sure if that was a general agreement, or if it was just for a few years, etc. Just saying, Pandora was never on Windows Mobile because Apple paid for it to not be; not saying that is why it is NOT on Windows Phone, but it is possible.

this could very well be possible, I know Sony used to pay for games to not be on the original Xbox.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3