Hello all,

My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)
    11-23-2011 01:20 AM
    Been getting the same error message since last night after deleting and reinstalling the facebook app on my Trophy.
    11-23-2011 04:59 AM
    same here i picked up an HTC Arrive yesterday and it says the same exact thing.
    11-23-2011 06:15 AM
    Picked up my Titan last night from the AT&T store. Downloaded the Facebook App and when I go to launch it I continually get this error. Anyone else?
    11-23-2011 09:45 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded it I have never used the app I always use the people hub. The lengths l go to to help you guys out...lol

So yah I am getting the same results. O_o and welcome to the WPC

Dave
    benzie likes this.
    11-23-2011 11:01 AM
    Seams to be an epidemic this is the second thread posted today or one of 2 ant ways. I'm going to combine these threads.
    11-23-2011 11:29 AM
    11-23-2011 12:29 PM
    I posted this issue in the other FB app thread. I didn't see this one until now, but I was searching and saw this thread. Just an FYI:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wppeople/new-htc-titan-fb-app-wont-log-in-says-sorry-there/a8caed19-adc0-41e9-a266-d6757cf67978?page=1&tm=1322100988136#footer
    11-23-2011 08:18 PM
    I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

Cheers
    11-24-2011 04:08 AM
    I have an issue with the Facebook app... it's CRAP! :D
    5tephen likes this.
    11-24-2011 04:31 AM
    Working now. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    11-24-2011 06:23 AM
    I am not getting this error, however since the most recent update, the app is jerky and smooth scrolling has vanished when trying to read any posts. Sorry for hijacking, but i didn't feel the need to creat a whole new post for my issue.

Cheers
    I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app
    11-24-2011 09:22 AM
    I am having the smooth scrolling issue as well. I thought it might have something to do with my new titan but it is something to do with the fb app
    Scrolling is is bad along with many other issues. I really never liked this Facebook app and hardly use it these days.
    11-24-2011 11:11 AM
    The Facebook app is now working so that's good, but for some reason on my Trophy I can't see any of my Facebook friends online through the messenger hub. When I use my girlfriend's Titan, I don't appear online. I have checked my status and it is listed as "available" and have tried re-syncing the account. On her phone she is able to see her Facebook friends but not me. Any ideas?
    11-24-2011 11:45 AM
    i think the scrolling is jerky because of the images that are loaded while scrolling moving the text blocks
    11-24-2011 11:45 AM
    i think the scrolling is jerky because of the images that are loaded while scrolling moving the text blocks
    Never did it before the most recent update though
    11-24-2011 01:32 PM
    Hello all,

My girlfriend recently won an HTC Titan at the Seattle Inner Circle event. Being familiar with the OS from using my Trophy, I set the phone up for her. While doing this, I synced Facebook and downloaded the Facebook app. The Facebook/Mango integration works great. The app? Not so much.

Here's the issue: When she boots up the Facebook app and logs in, it says "Sorry, there was an error." I have tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app multiple times, deleting her Facebook account sync and re-syncing to no avail. She's a pretty big Facebook user and while the built in Facebook/Mango integration is great, it doesn't do everything a social networking addict wants.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this? I tried a Bing/Google search and didn't find anything helpful that I haven't already tried. I'm thinking it may be possible it has something to do with her Facebook/Windows Live account settings, but that's just a wild guess. Any help would be appreciated!

On an unrelated side note, I brought 3 friends along with me to the event - Two iphone users and an Android user. They were all very impressed and I was surprised to hear one of the iphone users say that an event worker showed him how the OS works and he was amazed (he also happened to win a Titan that night). The other iphone user was so impressed by the Titan that he's going to be picking one up on Saturday. My droid buddy is a bit more techie and said he didn't want to move away from widgets, but hey 2/3 isn't bad ;)
    Although I never saw any issues, my wife, who has an iPhone 4, was also seeing the errors, so it was NOT just WP7 users.
    11-24-2011 09:16 PM
    Never did it before the most recent update though
    thats true. they must have changed something in the loading of the data/images
    11-25-2011 03:42 AM
    Honestly, the Facebook app is so awful, you're probably better off not being able to log in...
    11-26-2011 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD