Metroradio, fully operational 3rd party Pandora

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd post the heads-up. I am not affiliated with the developer or anything like that. I've just been waiting so long for this app I had to share my excitement here. I've got a samsung focus 1.3 with mango, no unlocks or anything like that, and the app works flawlessly. Worth the wait, in my opinion. Check it out, it just hit the marketplace a few minutes ago.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
just dl'd it. works like it should. even when you lock the screen. mine kept working even after i backed out of it. the only way i could get it to stop playing is to pause the song. i really hope it isnt still pulling data.

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It keeps crashing on me. I choose the playlist I want but it plays the old list. Then I try to choose a different one and it tells me to restart the app. I'm on the HD7. hopefully it is a bug that will get worked out soon. I love Pandora!

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It kinda works on my Focus. I have to login each time I open the app. Also getting an error when selecting a station while another is already playing, and the screen gets stuck at "loading" with all buttons disabled, but the music still plays. I needed to run the "Stop the Music!" app to get out of that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Had to find my micro-sim converter. Rowi and MetroRadio are two apps I've found that need cellular data.

facetheduke

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It kinda works on my Focus. I have to login each time I open the app. Also getting an error when selecting a station while another is already playing, and the screen gets stuck at "loading" with all buttons disabled, but the music still plays. I needed to run the "Stop the Music!" app to get out of that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'm having the same issue with the app. Its nice until you want to change stations. I also have to log in each time, even when its streaming music in the background.

Needs the kinks worked out; until then, its just a nice attempt. It certainly isn't ready for prime time.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the app. Its nice until you want to change stations. I also have to log in each time, even when its streaming music in the background.

Needs the kinks worked out; until then, its just a nice attempt. It certainly isn't ready for prime time.

Agree. I had the same problems with not being able to switch stations and it getting stuck on the loading screen. Hopefully the developer will be able to work out the kinks.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where this should go but I found a bug in Metro Radio.

When playing music connected to headphone jack, and a text comes in, and TellMe cuts in, when I say "reply" to the text, TellMe can not hear my dictation. I experimented and after I stopped and closed Metro Radio, it worked fine.

Almost perfect - as it will pause/fade nicely between TellMe sessions.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
All due respect to the guys working hard to create these apps and deal with Pandora tweaking things and breaking the WP7 apps, I say eff Pandora. If they don't want to support (and instead actually work against) WP7, I will not be using them. Instead use providers that DO support the platform:
- Last.FM
- IHeartRadio - now has a pandora clone custom station feature that works well
- Slacker
- etc, etc.

EFF Pandora! :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss