Guilt ridden about words with friends

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm always pimping wp7, as I'm sure all of us are. A friend who I finally got to switch texted me last night and asked if words with friends is called something different on wp7. Seems she has 80+ people she plays it with.

Oops...

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL. She should download Words By Post. It's just as fun and it's cross platform. I've had no problems getting my iPHone/Android friends to download the apps.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I was at a family gathering yesterday and my cousin was playing Hang with Friends. It is like WWF, but it has a hangman element to it. Of course it isn't on WP--something my sister, who I talked into getting the Trophy, pointed out. She really is unhappy with the app selection on WP and unless things really change in the next year, I don't see her coming back to WP. :(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I told her there were alternatives. I just texted her about words by post, told her it was cross platform.

I was thinking. If I was Microsoft, I would develop apps for words for friends, and some of the other critical apps, for free and let the company keep the revenue.

Maybe I'm being simplistic here. But at the least, I would call the words for friends company and offer that deal.

Some of these apps are absolutely critical for many potential wp7 users. Yes, there are alternatives, but if wp7 wants to be mainstream, they need to have the mainstream apps.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I told her there were alternatives. I just texted her about words by post, told her it was cross platform.

I was thinking. If I was Microsoft, I would develop apps for words for friends, and some of the other critical apps, for free and let the company keep the revenue.

Maybe I'm being simplistic here. But at the least, I would call the words for friends company and offer that deal.

Some of these apps are absolutely critical for many potential wp7 users. Yes, there are alternatives, but if wp7 wants to be mainstream, they need to have the mainstream apps.

I think MS has tried as hard as they can to get most of the popular apps from other platforms, but the fact is some of those devs just arent interested in developing for WP7, for whatever reasons. In fact back in the early days after WP7 was released MS was making a lot of overtures to ios devs and some of them came back point blank and said they will never develop for WP7 as they dont like MS. Nothing MS or anyone else can do. One reason why I always hoped MS would make some killer exclusive apps for WP7.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That's why I said ms should go to them, say "we'll develop the app, we'll maintain it, and you get most of the revenue."

Maybe I'm simplifying it too much. But, the onus shouldn't be on the community to develop alternative apps, or advocates to sell the alternatives to prospective customers.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
She didn't give away her old phone did she? She can use it on wifi if she really wants to play the game. Hopefully she can hold out for WP to get it.

Brandonb551

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Op I know how you feel about swaying people then it not having some of the "killer" apps but honestly most people cheat. I had an app on ios that would screen shot the board,scan and give you the best word. No big loss for us wp7 users. Just my honest opinion. For those that don't cheat my apologies but there really is " an app for that"

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs