RedLaser app closing

M

mkr10001

Yesterday the redlaser app will start, the dots glide across but then it closes down. I restarted and that didn't fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed it but now its doing it again

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it to give it a try mkr1001 and got the warning about too many background tasks running.

Switched off a background task and it ran fine. Haven't managed to scan any bar codes yet though.

Do you think maybe it's not giving you the background task warning and just crashing ?

Have you tried turninng off just 1 of your background tasks and see if it's any different ?

Probably nothing to do with that, but thought i'd mention it just incase. :)

M

mkr10001

ah cheers dude. Id turned off red laser bg tasks and told it not to restart

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday the redlaser app will start, the dots glide across but then it closes down. I restarted and that didn't fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed it but now its doing it again

Just so you know, Bing search will do the same thing redlaser does if you just want to scan codes. If you are creating, that's different of course. Just incase you did not know all that the bing search could do.

Can listen to music
Can scan QR codes
Can scan Bar codes
Can scan MSFT codes
Can scan book covers
Can scan CD covers
Can scan DVD covers
Can scan text and translate and allow copy paste to email, sms...
Can search for spoken words as well ie: "walmart"

Also has local scout for searching for stuff around your current location.

Pretty powerful search too that's for sure.

M

mkr10001

I'm in the UK and to make Bing vision work I need to switch to us region so I don't use it unless I want to show it off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb